John Edwards wife Elizabeth's cancer returns!

I don't see why Edwards would continue. His familes health and welfare should be #1. Of course his wife is going to tell him to carry on, as any of us would if it were our spouse running for office. The Edwards do not need money, they do not need anything that would come from him running in this election. I think back to the line in Live Like You Were Dying---"Thinking about sweet time". There is a clock running on this family and I can not imagine having the ability to spend every moment with my wife, and not doing so. He is not going to get the nomination, so why waste all of that precious time away from your wife?

God Bless the Edwards family, you will be in our thoughts.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard a review on the Katie Kouric interview of the Edwards tonight. Apparently she asked the hard questions, but Mr. & Mrs. Edwards handled the interview with grace and dignity.

Personally, I don't know how he could concentrate on his campaigning and as President (if elected). Obviously, Edwards and his wife and family have considered the matter and feel it is best for him to continue his campaign. I could not do it, but I respect his decision.

He has to continue his life as he is a young, passionate, vibrant man with a great deal of talent and energy. They have the financial means to get her nothing but the best in treatment and care as her situation develops. Let's remember to continue to pray for her.

As a democrat who is not supporting Edwards, I applaud him for continuing his campaign. Some people, and they may be included, think that if they change their life's around a disease, it's more less letting the disease win, or admitting eventual defeat. I think this may be good therapy for Mrs. Edwards, and it will keep her mind and body sharp as can be, as well as give her strength to help her husband.

On a side note, Tony Snow announced today that his cancer has returned, and it has spread to his liver.

• 1 year later...

I think that the phony shoe fits Dishonest John nice and snugly. Sources who are more reliable than Edwards place the beginning of his affair with Hunter before his tear-jerking joint appearance with his wife. If that does not qualify him for the Phony Hall of Fame, then nothing does.

But O'Brien said Hunter, 44, began speaking about the former North Carolina senator in amorous terms shortly after they met in a New York City hotel bar in late February 2006 or early March 2006.

Hunter, a devotee of astrology and New Age spiritualism, said she had met "an amazing man from North Carolina named John," O'Brien told ABC. -

CHEAT JOHN IS STILL 'LYING' (TRYSTED MONTHS BEFORE HIRE: PAL)