John Thompson III

IMOM

You don't think there is at least 10 places above Gtown as far as a "program"?

In his situation, no way. He's recruiting at an elite level and in good position to be in the top 2 or 3 Big East teams over the next 5 years...

In his situation, no way. He's recruiting at an elite level and in good position to be in the top 2 or 3 Big East teams over the next 5 years...

In no particular order:

Duke

UNC

UCLA

UK

IU

Kansas

Florida

Louisville

Michigan St.

UConn

I don't see how you could argue that Gtown is a better job than any of those ten?

The Thompson name is legendary at GTown and his father was a basketball god there. I can't even imagine the recruiting ties he has not to mention the love of the city. He is currently at the TOP of the Big East, a #2 Seed in the big dance and sitting at the sweet sixteen primed for a championship run. His future looks as bright as his fathers was and I bet he's loving every second of it. JTIII will retire at GTown.

:thumb:

And there aren't many places to move "up" from where he's at any way...

I do think that there are better places than G-Town but I also believe that Thompson is very satisfied in where he is at. I don't see him leaving the Hoya's at all. His father was a great coach there and imo he will bring them back to ther glory they had under his father.

Imo there a far more desirable jobs in the country but not to him.

In no particular order:

Duke

UNC

UCLA

UK

IU

Kansas

Florida

Louisville

Michigan St.

UConn

I don't see how you could argue that Gtown is a better job than any of those ten?

I agree these are better programs, but G-town is home to him.

You don't think there is at least 10 places above Gtown as far as a "program"?

I think that what GT was saying is that there may very well be more programs above G.Town but there is no better situation to be in for Thompson than the one he is right now. He has everything in his favor and a move somewhere would be a decline compared to his current job. As it is now JT controlls his own situation.