John Thompson III

IMOM

Isn't the point "in his situation" meaning where his dad coached and not that the program is that "great"?

I think that it is a great program and they DOMINATED the Big East for years. They have plenty of tradition and GTown deserves to be on the list you made just as much as some of the teams you put on there.

I think that it is a great program and they DOMINATED the Big East for years. They have plenty of tradition and GTown deserves to be on the list you made just as much as some of the teams you put on there.

Now you're making a different point. Which is it?

JTIII grew up with Gtown basketball. It's his dream job, just as UNC was Roy Williams' dream job. Add to that the fact that Gtown has a ton of tradition and you have the perfect situation for him.

Do they really have a "ton"? Would he turn down people like UK, IU, Mich St, UCONN, if they came calling?

Do they really have a "ton"? Would he turn down people like UK, IU, Mich St, UCONN, if they came calling?

I think he would, IMO. I think it is his dream job and I think it once again can be a year in and year out powerhouse.

People are forgetting that Georgetown sits near 3 basketball hotbeds. It's close enough to New York City, Philadelphia, and Baltimore to recruit gobs of talent without driving too far. The kids can play in front of their family and friends. On top of that, GU is one of the strongest academic schools in America, so if that ever becomes a selling point again, they have that going for them. Look at it now, they are getting back together with DeMatha to get their top players. Future looks very bright for JT3