Notre Dame 54 Shelby County 48 OT

If its a knee to knee injury like the play by play guy said thats usually an ACL. Hope not.

Dr WHO? If Katie was planted then got twisted it is a good possibility that it is an ACL. She goes to get looked at today, so let's see what the Dr says before jumping to bad conclusions.

Knee to Knee injuries could also be just a bad bruise, hyperextension or maybe an MCL strain. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it is not an ACL.

According to the home town newspaper article, Katie went down after attempting to cut, that is bad news.

Dr WHO? If Katie was planted then got twisted it is a good possibility that it is an ACL. She goes to get looked at today, so let's see what the Dr says before jumping to bad conclusions.

Knee to Knee injuries could also be just a bad bruise, hyperextension or maybe an MCL strain. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it is not an ACL.

According to the home town newspaper article, Katie went down after attempting to cut, that is bad news.

Has anybody else noticed the frequency of ACL tears at NDA. Obviously this is only coincidence, and I am not making any reference except that there is a frequency. If this is the case with Tierney, that mades three people at NDA in the past year within the basketball program. Nutini twice and Weary twice. My knees hurt just just thinking about it. :scared: :scared:

Also, having experienced a complete tear of my ACL, complete tears are much worse than partial tears. Complete tears require a graft and reconstruction. Anyway, my prayers are with Miss Tierney that "Three is not the charm"

Has anybody else noticed the frequency of ACL tears at NDA. Obviously this is only coincidence, and I am not making any reference except that there is a frequency. If this is the case with Tierney, that mades three people at NDA in the past year within the basketball program. Nutini twice and Weary twice. My knees hurt just just thinking about it. :scared: :scared:

"

Add in Jr. Ellen Fahey who just verballed to South Carolina for soccer. I think its her second tear as well.

its seems acl injuries are widespread these days in girls sports.i pray in the near future research can come up with some with a way or means to cut down on these terrible injuries.seems every team these days here in nky has either got a girl out with a knee injury or waiting for 1 to come back from injuring a knee in the summer.being a middle aged guy with 2 bad knees myself i pray we find a way to cut down on knee injuries.

Off season conditioning(weights, cardio and PLYOMETRICS) help to cut down on this terrible injury.

I don't know if your mocking me as a doctor or what. But its common sense. In ANY sport a knee to knee injury is a recipe for an ACL. Also, females are more likely to have knee injuries, then males. I am in no way rooting for her to be injured. I was just pointing out a fact.

I was teasing Addict(are you a Dr) but knee to knee contact does not automatically constitute a torn ACL which has nothing to do w/common sense. The mechanism of injury for this is a planted foot w/a twisting motion. I have been told there is a good picture of the injury in todays KY Post. Check it out and you will see what I mean.

its seems acl injuries are widespread these days in girls sports.i pray in the near future research can come up with some with a way or means to cut down on these terrible injuries.seems every team these days here in nky has either got a girl out with a knee injury or waiting for 1 to come back from injuring a knee in the summer.being a middle aged guy with 2 bad knees myself i pray we find a way to cut down on knee injuries.

The middle schools in Boone County have been participating in a research study to find out why girls are more likely to have this type of injury. The study has been going for the last three years and will follow these girls through their high school careers. Hopefully they will find out why this occurs.