Congratulations GRC Cardinals!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article and pictures in the Lexington Hearld this morning.

10th Regional Boys' Final

Clark crashes Royals' party

Knowles scores 33 as Cards earn first state trip since '90

Preston Knowles helped drive Clark County, a 10th Region runner-up twice the past four years, into the Sweet Sixteen.

Clark County basketball star Preston Knowles said he "took it to heart" when he read a story in the Maysville newspaper a couple days ago about Mason County fans planning a celebration for when the Royals are in the Sweet Sixteen next week.

So yesterday afternoon Knowles and his Clark County teammates made headlines of their own by stunning host Mason County 63-59 in the 10th Region finals.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/16885663.htm

Great job cardinals. Just an outstanding game in my opinion. Some bad calls on both ends I thought. One of the poorest officiated games i've seen in a while. Clark played hard though and pulled it out. Too much knowles. Good luck at rupp, represent the 10th region well guys.

Great job cardinals. Just an outstanding game in my opinion. Some bad calls on both ends I thought. One of the poorest officiated games i've seen in a while. Clark played hard though and pulled it out. Too much knowles. Good luck at rupp, represent the 10th region well guys.

Disagree on the bad called game...yes there were some questionable calls...both ways....but not as many as there were in the semfinals for both games.. Mason and GRC fans both posted that they wanted to let them play....they did. :thumb:

Got a big pep rally planned for later in the week after school so the whole community can come.

Hope someone soon will post some pictures of after the game yesterday.:thumb:

Disagree on the bad called game...yes there were some questionable calls...both ways....but not as many as there were in the semfinals for both games.. Mason and GRC fans both posted that they wanted to let them play....they did. :thumb:

Im not really talking about only fouls. There were alot of walks that were not called both ways. One particular call was the out of bounds call that they said went off of setty. Might have not changed the outcome but still a terrible call.

Im not really talking about only fouls. There were alot of walks that were not called both ways. One particular call was the out of bounds call that they said went off of setty. Might have not changed the outcome but still a terrible call.

No that call was right on..it was a smart play by Preston...it did go off Mason players leg...I had a clear view of it.