Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke, 6 seed, West Region...

Featured Replies

Duke wins this game

  • Replies 63
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and Duke did well with 3 new starters, zero seniors, etc...on this team.

 

Yeah.. that should affect seeding... :rolleyes:

Duke 70-66.

We had a thread on where people thought Duke would end up seeded right after the ACC tourney loss...Here's what everyone had to say:

 

Just 4 Fun - 6

UKMustangfan - 6

ladiesballcoach - 6

avgjoesgym - 6

 

Gunner11 - 7

Rockpride - 7

Pancake - 7

h.s.sportsbest - 7

5wide - 7

slink - 7

super - 7

 

gametime - 8

 

hhsdad - 9

 

looks like the majority felt 6 or 7 was about right...

  • Author

Like I said...one spot too high...but the last 6 would make sense.

They are 1 spot higher than they should be, IMO...They have VCU first, which is an absolute nightmare...though I think that if they win that one, they could beat Pitt round two....it's likely over after that, if not sooner.

 

I think they are 2 spots higher than they should be. I mean they did end the season on a 3 game losing streak didnt' they, and they couldn't even get past the 1st round of their own conference tournament. So I definitely dont agree with the 6. I think they should have been around a 8 seed like UK, and UK actually probably should have been around a 9 seed. It should be a UK vs. Duke first round game in the 8 vs. 9 game because thats where both of the schools should have been at...

  • Author

Duke's resume is better than UK's...and they play in a better conference...that was noticed by the committee.

Duke's resume is better than UK's...and they play in a better conference...that was noticed by the committee.

 

They lost 7 of their last 11 games, only two of which were to ranked teams (both to UNC).

The NCAA tournament committee drunk on the Duke kool aid again. Like said many times before, Duke lost their last three, 7 of 11 and even needed some help with someone not running the clock correctly to get another win earlier in the conference season. Makes me ill how Coach K and Duke get their way all of the time, like they are above question. Duke in the top 24 in the country? That must be the punch line to a bad joke.

  • Author
They lost 7 of their last 11 games, only two of which were to ranked teams (both to UNC).

You know what? I don't care...I didn't care where they were seeded before the brackets...I certainly don't care now. I would love to see them make a run..if not? So what...the next couple of years Duke could be dynomite, then people like dinoradja (though it is nice not reading those posts anymore) will have to go back hating on how good they are....looks like you all get to enjoy for another week or so :thumb:

According to the Sports Guy-

"I can't wait to see Coach K fighting back tears during the tail end of the inevitable VCU loss on Thursday after Eric Maynor strips Greg Paulus for the game-clinching layup. It's gonna be great. I'm already giddy."

You know what? I don't care...I didn't care where they were seeded before the brackets...I certainly don't care now.

 

So quit trying to defend their seed. Its obvious they had some bias going their way.

  • Author

I said they were likely one too high...how much more do you want...and why do you all care so darned much...they both could be home come Sunday afternoon.

Oh, boo hoo, cannot read my posts anymore. I hope that the inevitable years of therapy due to losing you as a reader of my posts will bring me out of a deep depression. Rockpride, please accept my apology for questioning the merits of Duke's seeding, I realize that one should never question anything

about such a perfect program that is above reproace. Someone, please, have Rockpride read this post in my hopes that he can forgive me so I may too one day drink of the Duke kool aid, then I too can be blinded by the perceived perfection that is Coach K and Blue Devil basketball. :rolleyes:

Duke's resume is better than UK's...and they play in a better conference...that was noticed by the committee.

 

Only a very little bit better, and certaintly not worth a 6 seed. As I said I feel Duke should have been where UK is and that is around the 8 seed position, and well UK should maybe have been a spot or two lower at the 9 or 10 position...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.