16th Region Officials

Don't have a problem with criticism. But no one comes down to the broadcast table and yells at me during the game. And if they were to, I would offer them the headset! I am not saying that officials are untouchable, I am just saying that unless you have tried it, you should be a little more tolerable.

And yes, I would love to have an official at the broadcast table. Or better yet, just give me a whistle!!!

I'm constantly having people second guessing me in my job. I know a lot of other people who are. I would even say you have received criticism in your job GoRadio. Why should ref's be untouchable.

The only second guessing I see people have with you is whether you should have eaten that 4th donut or not. :D :D :p

Agreed, Marla called a GREAT state tourney. She will be one of those like Tiny Napier & Lisa Mattingly that will rise FAST if she chooses to pursue this to a higher level. She can be calling the Women's Final 4 and WNBA games in 5 years if she wants to......SHE'S THAT GOOD! Way to go Marla!

I would also consider Marla Gearheart one of the best in the 16th. She tends to let the girls play without letting it get too rough, a very hard thing to manage. I have also never heard anyone accuse her of being biased in her officiating. I know I have never seen it.

Gearheart definitely represented the 16th very well.