10th Region Semifinals

The 10th Region semi-finals are set with Mason Co. and Bishop Brossart playing Saturday at 12 noon and GRC taking on Scott at 3:30.

Certainly, you can't overlook anyone in the post-season, but don't you think it would take a monumental upset for Mason and Clark NOT to meet in Sunday afternoon's championship game?

Brossart is as good a half court defensive team as you will see in high school basketball, but I just don't think they will be able make it a half court game. Mason County has too many weapons and can consistently hit that mid-range shot. They don't rely on any one or two players to provide the offense. Plus they are athletic and a solid defensive team in their own right.

In the second game, Clark has just too much size and athleticism for Scott, don't you think? Knowles will be the best perimeter player on the floor and Scott has no answer for Jones inside. Plus the Bennett (?? I think that's his name ??) kid has been on fire lately from the outside. Scott has tremendous heart, work ethic, desire, etc......that is vital to a winning effort against teams that are similar in ability, but in this game the big talent edge has to go to GRC, I think.

Prediction on the two games:

Mason Co. 68

Brossart 53

GRC 72

Scott 57

Probably won't be close to what the finals will be, but what the hay?

I would not give Mason the crown just yet!! Look for Brossart to bring everything that they have for this one. This group of kids has never liked losing and it is very tought to beat a team 3 times!! In all four years of there high school year they have played games with their backs to the wall in some fashion being the underdog and found a way to come out on top. They have always shown COURAGE in some tough times. Look for this one to be closer than what everyone thinks. Mason is a very good team with a very good player which has had a very good year, but as stated above I am sure the 3rd attempt at victory will not come easy. If the boys in Green get that good 1st quarter run don't be surprised by the outcome!!:thumb:

I will be getting to the Fieldhouse bright and early at 10am saturday morning to see the first game. I'm pulling for a Clark/Mason finale, but I certainly wouldn't complain if Scott wanted to pull off a big upset. : )

Scott may just be wearing that glass slipper to get to the finals. The match up with Clark should be a good one!! The Sharp kid has matured a bunch of the past 12 months and if kids like Smith, Miller,and Hiller continue to step up this could get interesting.

Did I forget to mention that Carr and Humphries coached together at one time and I think they may know each other pretty well and may have some of the same offenses, just a guess?? Coach Carr has more in his bag of tricks than one would think.

Coach Carr has done one of the great job this year and while no coach ever wants to hear this they have with out a doubt overachieved with this group!! Good luck to the Eagles and Mustangs both!!

Scott may just be wearing that glass slipper to get to the finals. The match up with Clark should be a good one!! The Sharp kid has matured a bunch of the past 12 months and if kids like Smith, Miller,and Hiller continue to step up this could get interesting.

Did I forget to mention that Carr and Humphries coached together at one time and I think they may know each other pretty well and may have some of the same offenses, just a guess?? Coach Carr has more in his bag of tricks than one would think.

Coach Carr has done one of the great job this year and while no coach ever wants to hear this they have with out a doubt overachieved with this group!! Good luck to the Eagles and Mustangs both!!

Coach Carr and Coach Humphrys are good friends and have great respect for each other. I agree this should be a great matchup. Also believe the Mason and BB game will will a great one too. Look forward to some great b-ball on Saturday.:ylsuper:

There is another Mason/Clark final in the works. Brossart could play the spoiler, but I don't think Scott can beat GRC.

I dont think anyone thought that Scott would beat GRC last year and it took a last second shot off a put back for them to get the job done last year, It will be a good game.

IMO: Both games will be pretty good. I do have Brossart with the upset over Mason. Scott can/could beat GRC if they play to their potential and not the way they came out against Harrison last night. If Scott can keep it close into the 4th quarter, then I think the Eagles pull the upset.

Coach Carr and Coach Humphrys are good friends and have great respect for each other. I agree this should be a great matchup. Also believe the Mason and BB game will will a great one too. Look forward to some great b-ball on Saturday.:ylsuper:

:thumb: :thumb: