Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott Co. 64 Boyd Co. 49

Featured Replies

I feel sorry for the Boyd County Seniors, they came out and played hard and honestly looked as if they had no gameplan from the first tipoff. It is about as Lathargic as I have seen any team play. I am very disappointed by our performance, because that game was ours and we were just flat unprepared....

 

Bring on Baseballlllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for the Boyd County Seniors, they came out and played hard and honestly looked as if they had no gameplan from the first tipoff. It is about as Lathargic as I have seen any team play. I am very disappointed by our performance, because that game was ours and we were just flat unprepared....

 

Bring on Baseballlllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

 

You have got to be kidding. :rolleyes: :irked: Elliott goes 1-13 from behind the arc in the 1st half and is only down one point. If Elliott had shot well at all in the 1st half the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. Boyd was not unprepared. They simply did not have the athletes to run the big floor for 32 minutes and did not have the ballhandlers or defensive stamina to stay in the game after halftime. I think Boyd has had a great season for thier talent level this year and should be proud of what they accomplished.

Congrats to Elliott Co. on the win.:thumb: I hope that they can carry the banner for the small class A schools! :ylsuper:

 

Go Elliot Co. :flame: Go Elliot Co. - Beat Russell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Elliott Co. on the win.:thumb: I hope that they can carry the banner for the small class A schools! :ylsuper:

 

Go Elliot Co. :flame: Go Elliot Co. - Beat Russell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Good post Very good. Beat Russell !! ! !:dancingpa

Congrats to Elliott County and Coach Mays. Good luck to them against Russell. IMO-Boyd County had a good team but they were simply out coached.

What about the defensive game Elliotts # 5 John Morgan played against Selby! Giving up 75 pounds or more to Selby ! He just simply battled him. Gutsy job but young # 5 !

Congrats to Elliott County and Coach Mays. Good luck to them against Russell. IMO-Boyd County had a good team but they were simply out coached.

 

Pretty much what I said earlier.:thumb:

You have got to be kidding. :rolleyes: :irked: Elliott goes 1-13 from behind the arc in the 1st half and is only down one point. If Elliott had shot well at all in the 1st half the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. Boyd was not unprepared. They simply did not have the athletes to run the big floor for 32 minutes and did not have the ballhandlers or defensive stamina to stay in the game after halftime. I think Boyd has had a great season for thier talent level this year and should be proud of what they accomplished.

 

Not unprepared? They couldnt even figure out what play to run off of the opening tip? Lets be realistic here.

 

I think Boyd had plenty enough athletes to beat Elliott, especially with their bad shooting in the first half.

 

BTW, you must be happy with Tubby too huh? Because the great season comment sounds like some UK fans that just happy with being a Medium level team....

You have got to be kidding. :rolleyes: :irked: Elliott goes 1-13 from behind the arc in the 1st half and is only down one point. If Elliott had shot well at all in the 1st half the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. Boyd was not unprepared. They simply did not have the athletes to run the big floor for 32 minutes and did not have the ballhandlers or defensive stamina to stay in the game after halftime. I think Boyd has had a great season for thier talent level this year and should be proud of what they accomplished.

Congrats to Elliott Co. best of luck the rest of the way. If Elliott is going to win this thing they must take better shots than they did in the 1st half. Those deep 3'S with people in their face, it was no accident they only shot 1-13 on 3's, and 25% for the half, those shots are never gonna fall for them.

 

I thought in the 2nd half they played to their strengths(quickness). Quality of athletes had nothing to do with it, tempo decided this outcome. A fast paced tempo favors a quicker team verses a bigger stronger team.

 

As far as quality of athletes I dont think Branham or Blanton took a backseat to anyone on the floor in this game as the stats clearly show.

 

As I stated in the prediction thread you knew what you were gonna get from Branham-Blanton-Selby, Boyds fate rested in the hands of what the others did. Enough said.

Have to say I was not as much impressed with the way Elliott played as I was disappointed in the way Boyd played.

 

Worth mentioning was real impressed with Ethan Faulkner 11 assists- 1 turnover.

 

Never said it because Boyd was still alive but I honestly thought about 3 weeks ago that Ashland had seperated themselves from everybody else. And now with Vanhoose going down and Ashlands easy draw I think it only gets easier.

Branham and Blanton are good athletes. The rest of the team could not keep up. And I am not a Tubby fan!!!

Branham and Blanton are good athletes. The rest of the team could not keep up. And I am not a Tubby fan!!!

Hindsite... Maybe Selby should not have ate those 50 Buffalo Wild Wings before the game.:D

bobbyearl, I would hope you or no one was really impressed with how Elliott played last night. Possibly their worst 2.5 quarters this year. As I expected Selby was not the factor most everyone from Boyd & elsewhere thought he would be as he just couldn't keep pace & reactions were not quick enough. Does he play football & if so what type of potential does he have?

bobbyearl, I would hope you or no one was really impressed with how Elliott played last night. Possibly their worst 2.5 quarters this year. As I expected Selby was not the factor most everyone from Boyd & elsewhere thought he would be as he just couldn't keep pace & reactions were not quick enough. Does he play football & if so what type of potential does he have?

Sounds like both times Elliott and Boyd played each other neither team played their (A) game, I know Boyd did not and I'm sure you will agree Elliott didnt. Selby is the real deal, he didnt have an awsome game last night although 11pts & 15 boards aint bad, just like Ferguson I am sure he is better than(5-17) he shot last night. Not sure about his status on football I think he has gone out a couple of times and quit for one reason or another. But that is where his future lies.

What about the defensive game Elliotts # 5 John Morgan played against Selby! Giving up 75 pounds or more to Selby ! He just simply battled him. Gutsy job but young # 5 !

 

I think the double and triple team is what shut Selby down......

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.