Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Darius Miller is the difference maker

Featured Replies

All In do not get too over confident Mason Countys sophmore class won the freshman region last year pretty easily without Russ Middleton. I know that when Darius Miller leaves Mason County wont dominate the 10th but should still be the favorite.

 

That class played GRC's sophmore class last year and I think it was a 3 point win for Mason at Mason.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the points they're trying to make are that there are no Darius Miller's or Chris Lofton's on these teams--No disgrace to these teams, just facts!! I think Chris & Darius were doing more than finishing third in a KBA event in the eighth grade??

 

Oh yeah--I agree he IS the difference maker on an otherwise very fine team!!

I understand what your saying and your right Darius and Chris are special.But we herd this exact same stuff after 04 when c-los class left and guess what we havent missed a beat.

Next year for sure,after that it is even steven, mark that down

Lets bring this thread back in 09 or 10 if your still around here than.I herd this same stuff in 04 and guess what.

Why can't we ever get any D-1 standouts? :irked:

Cheaters....:lol:

I understand what your saying and your right Darius and Chris are special.But we herd this exact same stuff after 04 when c-los class left and guess what we havent missed a beat.

 

I don't recall a whole lot of downplaying of the Royals after C-Lo left, especially with Darius coming along?? Look, Mason has built one of the premier basketball programs in the state!! They're a good sized school, with enough kids to withstand graduating a "great class" or "impact player" unlike some smaller schools who live "class to class". They've had fine coaching over the years, and have great feeder systems which develop the kids at the lower levels; and teach the fundamentals of the Royal's system at a young age. They get the kids playing AAU together and against better competition early on; and most importantly seem to be able to KEEP them together through high school. Mason also has developed a tradition in a basketball crazy area, which leads the younger ones into wanting to "Grow up to be the next C-Lo or Darius"; and they have avid fan support, and do get to play the region at home every year!!

 

I say all this with the utmost respect for their program, and even as a supporter of another 10th region team; must admit that Mason County has set the bar very high in the 10th, and the rest of us are trying to reach up and compete!! Congrats to Mason and their fans on forging one of the best basketball traditions in the state--Unfortunately for the rest of us, you're in the 10th region!!

That class played GRC's sophmore class last year and I think it was a 3 point win for Mason at Mason.

 

Just off by several:

GRC @ Mason: Mason by 11

Mason @ GRC: Mason by 5:thumb:

Just off by several:

GRC @ Mason: Mason by 11

Mason @ GRC: Mason by 5:thumb:

 

 

hmm I can't believe I was that far off...was the one at Mason like a 3 point game until like the last minute?

Not sure i was just told the outcomes by someone who actually played in those games and i think hed remember.

I don't recall a whole lot of downplaying of the Royals after C-Lo left, especially with Darius coming along?? Look, Mason has built one of the premier basketball programs in the state!! They're a good sized school, with enough kids to withstand graduating a "great class" or "impact player" unlike some smaller schools who live "class to class". They've had fine coaching over the years, and have great feeder systems which develop the kids at the lower levels; and teach the fundamentals of the Royal's system at a young age. They get the kids playing AAU together and against better competition early on; and most importantly seem to be able to KEEP them together through high school. Mason also has developed a tradition in a basketball crazy area, which leads the younger ones into wanting to "Grow up to be the next C-Lo or Darius"; and they have avid fan support, and do get to play the region at home every year!!

 

I say all this with the utmost respect for their program, and even as a supporter of another 10th region team; must admit that Mason County has set the bar very high in the 10th, and the rest of us are trying to reach up and compete!! Congrats to Mason and their fans on forging one of the best basketball traditions in the state--Unfortunately for the rest of us, you're in the 10th region!!

Appreciate the kind words.One thing most forget about is Mason is only middle of the pack region in school size there really not a Big school.Number wise though you guys do GREAT with you enrollment size.:thumb:

Just off by several:

GRC @ Mason: Mason by 11

Mason @ GRC: Mason by 5:thumb:

Thats still not bad.

You havent seen the 8th grade team then have you.Just got 3rd place in the 8th grade state tourny and they are dynomite.

 

Agree mhighfield, that will be the next crop. Darren Gilbert does an outstanding job and they are as fundementally sound of a bunch as I have seen at that level in a long, long time. Mason County will be around for a while:thumb:

Not sure i was just told the outcomes by someone who actually played in those games and i think hed remember.

 

 

Your probably right I just didn't remember the game at Mason getting that big, I do know both games were very competitive though. As you said Mason was without Middleton, GRC didnt bring up any of the 8th graders at the time so Stenzel didn't play.

I am not a Mason County fan but I agree 100% with the original post. I am a Scott Co. fan and I saw the mason county game. If you put any other player in the state on that team Scott County would have beat mason by 30. Darius Miller is something special and a difference maker. I think right now he is THE best player in the state. I hope he wears UK blue in the future and I hope we get a rematch. In other post I have said hopefully it will be the cards and the royals in the state championship. I think because of darius Miller the royals are the second best team in the state(of course I have to put the cards at #1). And just to tell you how good Miller is Scott county has a picture of him near the locker room on the dunk of the first season.

Whether he scores 0 points or 40 he's the reason The County is head and shoulders above everyone else in the region. You take him out of that lineup and the whole region is a toss up. That's why Mason better take care of business this season and next because there are no Chris Lofton's or Darius Miller's from what I can tell all the way down to 4th grade. The 10th region should be very exciting for years to come--after next season.

 

As by request from a good friend.

Captain Obvious is back on this one..

As by request from a good friend.

Captain Obvious is back on this one..

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.