Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scheduling?

Featured Replies

Here is what I have been told by talking to three of my buddy coaches, which is Hayrood, Matney, and Hager. They all said they had a very hard time finding games and those three are mountain powers.

Teams have a hard time finding games every year. I know its Feb. and seems as eveyone has their schedule finished. There will be some good games this year and some games of teams who have never played that you would have never seen had there still been 6 , 7 and 8 team districts. Lets get spring practice started.

This scheduling issue is nothing other than a danged if you do and danged if you don't. For years there have been complaints from the fans and coaches in large districts (districts with 5 or more teams) how unfair it is that some districts only have 4 teams and all of those teams make the playoffs plus have more non district weeks open to schedule tougher teams (which, the CW holds, makes them better). A benefit (many felt) of going with 6 classes meant smaller districts thus addressing the complaints of those fans and coaches formerly of the large districts. Now we have people complaining that with the smaller districts and more open dates, teams are having difficulty filling schedules. Can't please everyone I guess. While I've got "issues" with the KHSAA at times, at other times when I read this site I actually feel sorry for them. The complaining just does not ever end.

  • Author

Just to stir the pot a little. I think some of the teams are having difficulty filling their schedule because they are trying to hand select teams they feel they can defeat another way of saying "avoiding some quality teams." I'm sure there are some quality match ups out there to be had but for one reason or another they will not play. I do think travel distances are going to be an issue this year and expect to hear some more complaining after the season.

Just to stir the pot a little. I think some of the teams are having difficulty filling their schedule because they are trying to hand select teams they feel they can defeat another way of saying "avoiding some quality teams." I'm sure there are some quality match ups out there to be had but for one reason or another they will not play. I do think travel distances are going to be an issue this year and expect to hear some more complaining after the season.

When your district record is all that REALLY matters, it is idiotic for coaches to find "sure wins". We all would like a couple to keep your confidence. But good teams can point out weaknesses for you to correct for the playoffs. With almost all of the teams making the playoffs, the focus should be on the playoffs and how to make your team peak at the right time.

I think the problem is that some coaches want to play better teams while others don't. Schedules could've remain almost the same with a few alterations. Some coaches just aren't willing to play some schools.

I can say that Johnson Central is having a terrible time finding games. They have Belfry and Paintsville and those are the only local non-district schools that would play. I have heard that JCHS is looking in to playing more teams from WV.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.