Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scheduling?

Featured Replies

It seems that a number of schools are having difficulty putting together a quality schedule for next season. I have heard of schools traveling to Tenn. and Indiana that have never done this in the past. The reason... they say they cannot put a local schedule together. This is really going to add to the travel expenses at a time when money is tight and gas prices high. Any suggestions that might help with scheduling in the future. Some teams must now find 7 nondistrict games to fill. thoughts?

Maybe we don't really need 6 classes. Maybe the new system was not such a good idea. But, that is a dead horse beat to dust and I am not trying to reignite a huge debate. The Rocks will be ok. We have and will continue to play out of state teams. I could see how some teams might have trouble finding opponents. If you don't have the connections already in place, it might take a while to make some alliances. I would suggest that any coaches who can't find teams to play should call up the ol' KHSAA and see what they say.

Who are some of the schools having trouble? I have not heard of any schools having trouble. I remember in past years schools looking for games up in March and April. 1 of the problems has been Tn, Va have changes corresponding dates so they dont match Ky dates so Ky schools cant sign 2 year contracts with Tn or Va schools.

Who are some of the schools having trouble? I have not heard of any schools having trouble. I remember in past years schools looking for games up in March and April. 1 of the problems has been Tn, Va have changes corresponding dates so they dont match Ky dates so Ky schools cant sign 2 year contracts with Tn or Va schools.

Bardstown could only get two local non-district schools to play them. They are playing two teams from Bowling Green just for an example.

Sounds as if the KHSAA (6A and Public vs Private) agenda has already started to show some difficulties. I think this problem of "scheduling" was one of the issues which many said would happen if the 6A went into effect.... The fun is just beginning......

  • Author

I know Danville has had a tough time putting it all together and according to the advocate messenger (danville paper) so has Mercer. Mercer's problems could obviously be a result of winning the state championship last season however, I have also heard that Anderson county has had trouble finishing their schedule. It seems like the smaller size districts also make it difficult to get games.

I do think that the new 6 class system will help the majority of schools in KY. It will hurt the traditional powers in terms of scheduling. Those schools will have to play other power schools from different parts of the state. This could, in effect, weaken some of the power schools to an extent. You could realistically have some power schools finish the regular season with a 5-5 record (or worse). This is why the majority of schools that are against the 6 class system are the traditional powers. However, in the long run this system will benefit the 'majority' of KY schools.

I know of several schools that had a hard time as well. A lot of schools jumping the gun and scheduling before the correct alignment came out also hurt.

I do think that the new 6 class system will help the majority of schools in KY. It will hurt the traditional powers in terms of scheduling. Those schools will have to play other power schools from different parts of the state. This could, in effect, weaken some of the power schools to an extent. You could realistically have some power schools finish the regular season with a 5-5 record (or worse). This is why the majority of schools that are against the 6 class system are the traditional powers. However, in the long run this system will benefit the 'majority' of KY schools.

 

Nope. I think you have it backwards. I believe many of the "traditional powers" already play strong opponents who maybe are a little driving distance away. Again, not trying to still up a huge debate , the beef with the "traditional powers" is the weakening of KY high school football("giving away of trophies")

I do think that the new 6 class system will help the majority of schools in KY. It will hurt the traditional powers in terms of scheduling. Those schools will have to play other power schools from different parts of the state. This could, in effect, weaken some of the power schools to an extent. You could realistically have some power schools finish the regular season with a 5-5 record (or worse). This is why the majority of schools that are against the 6 class system are the traditional powers. However, in the long run this system will benefit the 'majority' of KY schools.

Many at CCH would say that playing such a tough schedule made them the best in 3A and was part of the reason why they won state this year. How could being freed up to play better competition weaken the traditional powers?

Many at CCH would say that playing such a tough schedule made them the best in 3A and was part of the reason why they won state this year. How could being freed up to play better competition weaken the traditional powers?

CCH is the exception to that rule I'm sure as well. 95% or more of the schools in the state cannot match the roster size of CCH or talent that was on the team last year alone. The tough schedule that CCH has played yearly the past 10 years didn't help them, I can remember when they 7-5 and 3-8 just a few years ago.

I'm sure we'd all agree that regular season victories are not as important as playoff ones. Several regular season losses seems just superficial if it means a deeper run in the playoffs. In those past 10 years, 8 or 9 of their final losses was to the team that won or was the runner up to the state championship

It sounds to me as if teams are having difficulty finding "Games", with the focus of "quality opponent" secondary...... That is the concern I see. Just dont see how a schedule reduced down to 9 games and the possiblilty for 45 kids to play in a championship game out weights all of the negative aspects of increased travel and weakening of schedules for a majority of programs....

I know its a dead horse, but now we all have to live with what we have......

 

No complaining of schedules (or lack of), travels, strength of opponents (or lack of)....

 

Enjoy the 2007 season.......

I still dont think scheduling has been anymore a problem overall this year than in past years. Over the years I can remember open dates being posted at Nike Clinic, Glazier Clinic and even at UK clinic in April.

What schools as of right now have not filled thier schedule and what are the open dates? I have not seen 1 date posted on the coaches football server list in the last 3-4 weeks.

I do think that the new 6 class system will help the majority of schools in KY. It will hurt the traditional powers in terms of scheduling. Those schools will have to play other power schools from different parts of the state. This could, in effect, weaken some of the power schools to an extent. You could realistically have some power schools finish the regular season with a 5-5 record (or worse). This is why the majority of schools that are against the 6 class system are the traditional powers. However, in the long run this system will benefit the 'majority' of KY schools.

 

 

I hate to talk about a topic that has been beaten in the ground, but I just can't see how anyone who knows football (not to question your knowledge) could think 6 classes is good for anyone. I know many teams that had a hard time with scheduling.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.