Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell Co JV 47 Brossart JV 39

Featured Replies

Who is getting the head job now Enz or Barrett Bradshaw?

 

Neither have a chance. Congrats to the Camels. Looks like they are playing great basketball top-to-bottom there.

 

I read on bmustangs.com where this game was close the entire first half. What happened to BBHS in the third quarter to all CCHS to distance themselves?

 

There are obnoxious/classless fans in every crowd. I've witnessed classless people in Brossart crowds, Campbell crowds, Mason crowds, Augusta crowds.

It's unfortunate some of those idiots are allowed in the gym.

 

Good luck to Campbell in the finals.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know of instances of fan abuse at all schools. To say it doesn't exist is naive. And I have never seen an AD do what I have seen Mr Webster do on more than one occasion. I agree he is appreciated by the work he does for his school but it is not part of his job description to complain to officials. Name me another AD in the 10th you have seen do that. And many have hear him say "His little Class A school over and over again til we are tired of it. Brossart's accomplishments are many in Athletics and are great, but he sure rubs many the wrong way about them.

I won't comment on Mr. Webster. He is a big boy and resonsible for his actions and is capable of defending himself.

 

I have no problem with who Campbell County played in the JV game.

 

My definition of a J.V. player has always been that if you are not a senior and you are not a varsity starter then you qualify as a J.V. player.

 

Earlier in the season Albrecht (sp) and Nerl probably played with the JVs and now they don't and back then Eten started with the varsity and now he doesn't. To me its a wash.

 

For the past four years our JVs have had their way with the all comers in the 38th and now the 37th District. We are very proud of those accomplishments. We would have loved to be able to knock Campbell County out on Friday night but it didn't happen. We've had some nice JV wins this season - LexCath, NCC, Ryle, and Holy Cross to name a few. On a given night we can run with the big dogs. But, this year's JV group are primarily sophomores (8), two juniors, and a pair of freshmen and there are going to highs and lows associated with the growing process.

 

I guess that I'm in the minority, but I really didn't have a problem with the officiating, except for wanting an intentional foul on what I thought was a particularly hard foul. Officiating the game was tantamount to refreeing a roller derby match. Neither side was particularly happy.

 

The game was won in the first three minutes of the third quarter. Campbell built the lead to 12 and we failed to score. Game, set, and match.

 

We can't win them all as much as we'd like to, it's been a good run and at the moment Campbell County seems to be on a nice momentum roll in the underclasses. Hats off to them.

 

Despite our loss in the freshmen districts, I believe that team will be a foundation class and combined with the sophomore corp will return the Mustangs to prominence (or at least strongly competitive) among the best out there.

 

Dave Enzweiler is a former player of mine and graduate of Brossart High School. I'm personally proud of his accomplishments. He and Coach Rowe are both fiercely competitive and neither will concede an inch to the other. I would hope that if we would have all gotten together at the Desert Classic today that we would acknowledge the fact that we are all adults, trying to do the best by our schools and our programs and that we are merely opponents and not enemies, and maybe (probably asking too much) even concede the fact that it's a game - it's only a game.

 

Nah, I guess that would be asking too much - lol! ;)

  • Author
And since a couple of you keep bringing this up, the incident Striker has mentioned DID happen, and was one of the more classless occurances I've witnessed in sports period!! In no way a condemnation of all Campbell fans, but unbelieveably shocking to those who witnessed it, as when the cheering occured, it appeared the player in question was seriously injured!! Being passionate about a rivalry is one thing, but applauding an apparent serious and possiblely permanent injury is unforgiveable????

 

I know that this is a basketball forum but I must say something about this incident. Yes some students were cheering when your player was down I did not see parents if so then shame on them. Could they have been applauding the good play, not the injury? Then stopped once they noticed the possile injury, I hope so. I can not answer that and neither can you. Yes as Striker stated a CC parent immediately went down to the student section and scolded the students for their inappropriate behavior. This is a very intense rivalary and some, I will repeat myself, some of the students acted disrepectful. But they were immediately reprimanded by an adult. And if you think that this would or has never occured at BBHS, don't fool yourself. So if you choose to not forgive them, then remember your students will not be forgiven by others for their mistakes. And I would think that your school would promote forgiveness. With the antics of some of your mentors and coaches at this JV game I can see why you choose to get off subject on this one.

Sorry everybody. I feel my question caused a big deal. But it is very telling the question never addressed but a lot of "well, what about this..." type of commentary. If it is the culture of Bishop Brossart to accept a school leader, the athletic director to walk around gesturing to officials, do from behind the scorer table, that is their business. But, for the life of me for a program that wants to be all that it claims there is no way anyone with any sense of professionalism would conduct themselves this way. There was another post who said name another 10th region AD who does this and you can't. Matter of fact, you are probably pressed to name one in the entire state. It is just something people in those positions should not do. However, if this is how Brossart leadership wishes to conduct themselves, that is their choice.

 

And to add if the Camel students made these chants (and it sounds like they did) off an injury, great job to the parent who set it straight. But where was the Camel leadership on this? Should have been taking care of it but I do not think they would have been making issues with the refs.

  • Author
Sorry everybody. I feel my question caused a big deal. But it is very telling the question never addressed but a lot of "well, what about this..." type of commentary. If it is the culture of Bishop Brossart to accept a school leader, the athletic director to walk around gesturing to officials, do from behind the scorer table, that is their business. But, for the life of me for a program that wants to be all that it claims there is no way anyone with any sense of professionalism would conduct themselves this way. There was another post who said name another 10th region AD who does this and you can't. Matter of fact, you are probably pressed to name one in the entire state. It is just something people in those positions should not do. However, if this is how Brossart leadership wishes to conduct themselves, that is their choice.

 

And to add if the Camel students made these chants (and it sounds like they did) off an injury, great job to the parent who set it straight. But where was the Camel leadership on this? Should have been taking care of it but I do not think they would have been making issues with the refs.

 

Leadership is the responsibility of parents and school administrators. It was taken care of.

I know that this is a basketball forum but I must say something about this incident. Yes some students were cheering when your player was down I did not see parents if so then shame on them. Could they have been applauding the good play, not the injury? Then stopped once they noticed the possile injury, I hope so. I can not answer that and neither can you. Yes as Striker stated a CC parent immediately went down to the student section and scolded the students for their inappropriate behavior. This is a very intense rivalary and some, I will repeat myself, some of the students acted disrepectful. But they were immediately reprimanded by an adult. And if you think that this would or has never occured at BBHS, don't fool yourself. So if you choose to not forgive them, then remember your students will not be forgiven by others for their mistakes. And I would think that your school would promote forgiveness. With the antics of some of your mentors and coaches at this JV game I can see why you choose to get off subject on this one.

 

Let's put this soccer "incident" to bed guys?? Obviously it happened, and even the CC posters agree it was inappropriate!! By the way I applaud the adult who intervened, and not those who joined in!!

 

To the highlighted points above:

 

I feel confident that no BBHS crowd member, or team member has ever, or will ever applaud when a player is injured !!

 

Mentors & coaches?? What's up with this?? The AD was walking over to the scorer's table and a blatent cheap shot happened right in front of him, and he questioned as to why it wasn't called an intentional foul. As AD he should have allowed the proper person (coach) to question this call, and I'm sure he regrets the public display. But to imply that this is some sort of pattern, is just not correct!!

 

We all know crowd members of all schools get out-of-hand sometimes, and no one is trying to portray BB's supporters of being lily white? We've all had our moments!!

 

To Mustang's points, we do need to try and keep this rivalry in perspective, as we aren't even in the same classes in most sports. Many Mustang faithful have been big supporters of the recent turn around in CC football, and are first in line to applaud the Camels on their athletic successes; and many Camel supporters have been right there to congratulate the Mustangs on their recent All "A" title!!

 

BTW--Congrats again on the JV win, which is the topic of this thread!!

  • Author
Let's put this soccer "incident" to bed guys?? Obviously it happened, and even the CC posters agree it was inappropriate!! By the way I applaud the adult who intervened, and not those who joined in!!

 

To the highlighted points above:

 

I feel confident that no BBHS crowd member, or team member has ever, or will ever applaud when a player is injured !!

 

Mentors & coaches?? What's up with this?? The AD was walking over to the scorer's table and a blatent cheap shot happened right in front of him, and he questioned as to why it wasn't called an intentional foul. As AD he should have allowed the proper person (coach) to question this call, and I'm sure he regrets the public display. But to imply that this is some sort of pattern, is just not correct!!

We all know crowd members of all schools get out-of-hand sometimes, and no one is trying to portray BB's supporters of being lily white? We've all had our moments!!

 

To Mustang's points, we do need to try and keep this rivalry in perspective, as we aren't even in the same classes in most sports. Many Mustang faithful have been big supporters of the recent turn around in CC football, and are first in line to applaud the Camels on their athletic successes; and many Camel supporters have been right there to congratulate the Mustangs on their recent All "A" title!!

 

BTW--Congrats again on the JV win, which is the topic of this thread!!

 

I also agree with much of what you say and also say its time to put this to rest but I was not referring to the above bolded incident. But I will not say more, its not necessary. And BTW great win Camels JV!!! Good season to the Brossart JV team, keep working hard because next year you will see these JV players and the current soph and juniors on the varsity squad in the "7:30" games.

AD's should stand in the corner and clap quietly. This thread is GREAT reading material.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.