Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Barren County 21 Meade County 7 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

21-7 at half time the Varsity didn't play after the half.

I really think this Barren team is going to surprise some teams this year. They are big up front and a very well coached team. They are not the fastest team ever but they do have some speed I think they will probably play close against about everyone on the schedule.

  • Author

If Barren can throw it just enough to keep teams from loading the box they’ll be dangerous. There senior quarterback looks much more comfortable this year and so far has had all the time in the world to go through his progressions. Meade county has a really nice quaterback and some good running backs. There O and D line was dominated by barren but Meade is a formidable team.

I expect Barren to be the toughest team on Glasgow’s schedule this year even tougher than Franklin Simpson.

19 hours ago, Bbertram said:

If Barren can throw it just enough to keep teams from loading the box they’ll be dangerous. There senior quarterback looks much more comfortable this year and so far has had all the time in the world to go through his progressions. Meade county has a really nice quaterback and some good running backs. There O and D line was dominated by barren but Meade is a formidable team.

Meade isn’t very good, period. Yall caught Logan at the right time as there QB went out to a broke collar bone and there JV qb played against yall.

1 hour ago, Jayman33 said:

Meade isn’t very good, period. Yall caught Logan at the right time as there QB went out to a broke collar bone and there JV qb played against yall.

That's interesting, considering the Logan result had some posters on here forecasting the Trojans would “handle” Greenwood because of it. Again I ask, how good is Barren supposed to be?

Edited by BillNye

  • Author
2 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Meade isn’t very good, period. Yall caught Logan at the right time as there QB went out to a broke collar bone and there JV qb played against yall.

2 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Meade isn’t very good, period. Yall caught Logan at the right time as there QB went out to a broke collar bone and there JV qb played against yall.

  • Author
Just now, Bbertram said:
  2 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Meade isn’t very good, period. Yall caught Logan at the right time as there QB went out to a broke collar bone and there JV qb played against yall.

  2 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Meade isn’t very good, period. Yall caught Logan at the right time as there QB went out to a broke collar bone and there JV qb played against yall.

Barren was up 14-0 when the quaterback got hurt. Did Logan handle Glasgow? If so… did the quarterback with the broke collar bone play? Probably not… so Logan’s JV quarterback put 35 on G-town? Barren is a solid team. If you watched there scrimmage against BC I don’t think you’d be asking that question.

2 hours ago, Jayman33 said:

Meade isn’t very good, period. Yall caught Logan at the right time as there QB went out to a broke collar bone and there JV qb played against yall.

I have no dog in this fight but I do know that Barren dominated both sides of the line against Logan and last time I checked the quarterback hasn’t nothing to do with that.

  • Author
1 hour ago, BillNye said:

That's interesting, considering the Logan result had some posters on here forecasting the Trojans would “handle” Greenwood because of it. Again I ask, how good is Barren supposed to be?

So… to answer your question. I’d say barren has a legit chance to give every team on there schedule all they want this year. Does that mean they beat BG.. Macon…. Greenwood…. G-town… not sure. But I definitely feel they’re pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Bbertram said:

So… to answer your question. I’d say barren has a legit chance to give every team on there schedule all they want this year. Does that mean they beat BG.. Macon…. Greenwood…. G-town… not sure. But I definitely feel they’re pretty good.

The reason I ask, a large contingency believes this year is the year for Greenwood to get BG. I suppose it’s possible given how young the Purples are are. But the worst BGHS team in the past couple of decades laid it on Barren pretty good last season. Would be a big turnaround but either way I’ll be following the Trojans more closely this season. Always respected Coach Myers and how much he always seems to get out of his players.

  • Author

BG is BG….. period. In all honesty if Barren competes with them 1 in 4 years ii’s pretty good. It’s just hard to match up with there athletes year in and year out. That funnel don’t run dry. As for Greenwood… yes they’re gonna be really good. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. Last years game was a really close game with Greenwood busting that run up the middle late and winning. May handle was the incorrect word if you thought it meant dominate Greenwood. I meant it in that…. I feel like we have a shot to when against them and all the teams on our schedule who normally beat Barren. Scrimmages can sometimes be suspect as the coaches don’t really show everything. But…. You can sense the tone of a team.

I'm looking forward to going to the Barren v BG game this year!

Going to be a good game! I love the fire Coach Myers has year in and year out and LOVE their Streaming Guys. They take alot of pride in what they do and I appreciate that!

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

I'm looking forward to going to the Barren v BG game this year!

Going to be a good game! I love the fire Coach Myers has year in and year out and LOVE their Streaming Guys. They take alot of pride in what they do and I appreciate that!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.