Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin vs. Whitley District Predictions

Featured Replies

Somehow I think Coach P and Company have a little something for Coach Deaton and the Colonels. Guess we will see come Tuesday night at South Laurel High. I hope both teams play to the best of their abilities in this one.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corbin should take this one easy, After their last game Whitley seems to be looking on to the furture, but... they would Love it upset the Redhounds, IMO an upset will not happen. Corbin 78 Whitley 53.

  • Author

Nomorenoles I have to agree with you that Corbin does have Crawford, Johnson, Hamlin, Smith, Manns, Bartley, and ect... BUT!!! Whitley does have Lebanion, Prewitt, McCumbers, Powers, Crawford, Lowrie, and ect. I will admit I am a Whitley fan, which anyone who has read my posts Know That..but I still say this one will be a close call at the end..

Corbin will most likely beat the Colonels, everyone knows that but my friends "Stranger Things have happened in the 50'th District"..I think this one comes down to which team wants the regional bid more..IMO.. I have to change my prediction from a couple of weeks ago from 73-72 Corbin, to 63-56 Corbin still winning in a close one..

This Whitley County bunch we have down here will surprise a lot of people Tuesday night..:thumb:

  • Author

IDK if any of you saw the District Preview in the Whitley Republican..but to me it didnt sound like Iron Mike had a lot of faith in his Colonels at all..This to may be a HUGE factor in the game..especially if any of the team saw what Iron Mike said in the paper(Which I'm sure they had to)..what do you all think of this one?

didnt see it, what was said?

didnt see it, what was said?

 

Deaton said that Whitley would have to have a tremendous shooting night and Corbin would have to have a really bad game for the Colonels to have any shot at winning.

Deaton tells it like it is.

 

When was the last time something "stranger" happened in the 50th District than Whitley upsetting Corbin?

I know it chaps the backsides of people with so called "power" and it did at Corbin too. Folks just don't like Deaton's ways. He tells it like it is and he does things his way. I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for him and other than just being a good guy, his stand up straight forward coach approach were the reasons.

Deaton tells it like it is.

 

When was the last time something "stranger" happened in the 50th District than Whitley upsetting Corbin?

 

 

To answer you question:

 

Mike Deaton's first year at Corbin, with Corbin hovering around .500 and the Redhound faithful VERY unhappy after taking two 20+ defeats at the hands of the Colonels, Corbin upsets Whiltey County in the first round of the district at Corbin.

Runner Up.....Barbourville upseting Knox International.....oops I mean Knox Central, also at Corbin.

 

The difference is that at Corbin that year, Deaton had a more mature core of players and while this year at Whitley Deaton only has a decent (if very young) JV team playing a varsity schedule.

 

The bigger and more important qustion (at least to Whitley fans) is this:

 

Will Mike Deaton swallow his pride and return to the Colonels next year?

 

 

 

BTW

 

Corbin 83

Whitley 61

Biggest upset I can remember in the 50th was when Knox Central, ranked in the states top 10 and #1 in the 13th, was beaten by Barbourville who was very average that year. I think it was late 80s or maybe 1990. That was the Knox Central team that had Paterson, Mills, etc.

Every coach has his nemesis. When Deaton was at Corbin, Mike Jones at Harlan could almost always find a way to beat Deaton. Even after the Thomas, Jones, Cox, team had graduated and Corbin thought they were loaded with the team that went 1000-0 or something in middle school, Harlan would usually upset Corbin by 20.

Jones was at Clay by the time those guys came through. They lost to a below-average Harlan team in the All "A" in 2001 or 2002. Jones did have Corbin's number though.

 

I can't remember anybody being ranked ahead of Clay from 86 to 90. I think it was Corbin that finally ended their run. I do remember Patterson and Mills, but I didn't know KC was a top 20 team during those years.

I think in 1988 KC won about 29 games. That might the season he is referring to.

I think that kC team beat Clay by about 20 at KC that year.

The bigger and more important qustion (at least to Whitley fans) is this:

 

Will Mike Deaton swallow his pride and return to the Colonels next year?

 

 

Bubba is a simple man and I do not know what you mean by swallowing his pride? One would think he would be eager to return next season. His team will be better and his salary is very good as well. What more could you ask for as a ball coach?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.