Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Corbin vs. Whitley District Predictions

Featured Replies

1998- Harlan beat Corbin by 5 in All A

1998- Harlan Beat Corbin by 8 at Corbin

1999- Harlan beat Corbin by 3 in All A

1999- Harlan beat Corbin by 2 at Harlan

1999- Harlan beat Corbin by 20 in Regional

 

HDE, You are exactly right. I think these were the Cory Sears years at Corbin. These years were not the most talented teams at Harlan if I remember corectly. The 98/99 team had very little talent. I actually thought these were Jones best jobs at coaching. He didn't have any Sanfords or Thomas's on these teams.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bigger and more important qustion (at least to Whitley fans) is this:

 

Will Mike Deaton swallow his pride and return to the Colonels next year?

 

Bubba is a simple man and I do not know what you mean by swallowing his pride? One would think he would be eager to return next season. His team will be better and his salary is very good as well. What more could you ask for as a ball coach?

 

I was wondering what Apex meant when he made that statement as well.:confused:

Jones was at Clay by the time those guys came through. They lost to a below-average Harlan team in the All "A" in 2001 or 2002. Jones did have Corbin's number though.

 

I can't remember anybody being ranked ahead of Clay from 86 to 90. I think it was Corbin that finally ended their run. I do remember Patterson and Mills, but I didn't know KC was a top 20 team during those years.

Corbin ended Clay's run in the semi finals of the 13th region tournament at Bell County in 1991 by 17 points.

Sounds like Apex knows something about coach Deaton...Care to tell us more...

I was wondering what Apex meant when he made that statement as well.:confused:

 

 

Only this:

 

Coach Deaton is proud of his record and his winning percentage. Yes, Whitley will be improved next year, but will they be improved enough to offset the games of this year in his career statistics? I don't know how much he made, I did not see his W2, but I think winning and competing are just as important to Deaton as the number of C notes he takes home.

 

Or will he move on to greener pastures where the wins may come more easily?

 

Ramblinman, I have no insight, only questions, which have been floating around for some time.

 

 

BTW when did Harlan and Clay ever play in the 50th district? I know they are in the 13th region but the qustion was when has something stranger happened in the 50th? So Clay and Harlan games with Corbin don't count.

I have heard the questions floating around for a few weeks myself. Many are upset at comments and actions that have been made towards those close to the Colonel programs. Not sure if any of them are true,so it would not surprise me to see changes again next year for the Colonels. I think the results of Tuesday night might carry alot of weight on those making decisions about their futures.

Bubba it seems you may know more.....are you talking about players, coaches or administration, when speak of weight on those making decisions about their futures?

Players and Coaches. I have not heard anything about the administrative stance on the issues of Colonel basketball. As with any program this time of year, people are looking and shopping around to see if the grass is greener someplace else. As I mentioned earlier, it is hard for me to see many places with a brighter future than the Colonels. The 9th grade team won the region and the middle school teams seem to be well stocked. I think the Administration has done about all they can do in order to get the basketball teams up to par. Now it takes the right mix and some time for it to mature.

It would be hard to find a better coach than Coach Deaton. It is hard for programs to move forward when you play musical chairs with the top man. Whitley has some very good young kids and are very close to being competitive. Lebanion is a tremendous athlete and hopefully Jones will be back next year. My personal favorite is the Crawford kid because he works so hard. The kids need some consistancy at the top and they will produce.

Players and Coaches. I have not heard anything about the administrative stance on the issues of Colonel basketball. As with any program this time of year, people are looking and shopping around to see if the grass is greener someplace else. As I mentioned earlier, it is hard for me to see many places with a brighter future than the Colonels. The 9th grade team won the region and the middle school teams seem to be well stocked. I think the Administration has done about all they can do in order to get the basketball teams up to par. Now it takes the right mix and some time for it to mature.

 

I think that some of the "problems" have to do with the number of kids in grades 8-10 at Whitley that can play and who don't want to wait their turn. It would be easier to keep these kids(or their parents)satisfied if they were winning more, which should come in time if they stay the course...............

some may not be that patient though.

Only this:

 

Coach Deaton is proud of his record and his winning percentage. Yes, Whitley will be improved next year, but will they be improved enough to offset the games of this year in his career statistics? I don't know how much he made, I did not see his W2, but I think winning and competing are just as important to Deaton as the number of C notes he takes home.

 

Or will he move on to greener pastures where the wins may come more easily?

 

Ramblinman, I have no insight, only questions, which have been floating around for some time.

 

 

BTW when did Harlan and Clay ever play in the 50th district? I know they are in the 13th region but the qustion was when has something stranger happened in the 50th? So Clay and Harlan games with Corbin don't count.

 

If this is what matters the most to him, then he needs to move on.

Apex. Sorry the Jones vs Deaton comparison touched a raw nerve.

Corbin 74-56.

Whitley hangs around in this one early, then Corbin pulls away to win by 18....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.