Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2026 Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds

Featured Replies

Aug 21 vs. Lloyd Memorial
Aug 28 at Paintsville
Sep 4 at Boone County
Sep 11 vs. Conner
Sep 18 vs. Raceland
Sep 25 - BYE
Oct 2 vs. Campbell County
Oct 9 vs. Newport (District)
Oct 16 at Dayton (District)
Oct 23 vs. Bellevue (District)
Oct 30 at Mason County

NewportCatholic1.jpg.cea696bb2041599fb52734d776ebcddc.jpg

I think the non-district schedule is very tough and should have NCC prepared for a playoff run. 

Does anyone know who all has joined Coach Brown on staff? 

On 4/30/2026 at 4:27 PM, AC Slater said:

Does anyone know who all has joined Coach Brown on staff? 

I was told the staff is filled out for the most part.
I know Dave Schneider is still on staff, and other coaches that I heard returning to the fold are Dan Wagner and Jack Hering. 
It’s looking to be an Alum-heavy coaching staff to ring in Year 1 for Coach Brown (and brand new stadium). 

What kind of JV season did New Cath have? Looking at my numbers for next season looks like they will be replacing play makers every where. Does look promising with a couple interceptions from the secondary returning. What kind of OL/DL return?

What is the update for New Cath this summer?

11 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

What is the update for New Cath this summer?

Can't really provide much. When talking to returning players, there has been a definite shift in how they operate and work in the off season. You can tell by the looks on their faces, they cannot hide just how hard it is for some of them as the intensity has ratcheted up. They all say they love it though which is a good sign.

10 minutes ago, Yall Wear High Waters said:

Can't really provide much. When talking to returning players, there has been a definite shift in how they operate and work in the off season. You can tell by the looks on their faces, they cannot hide just how hard it is for some of them as the intensity has ratcheted up. They all say they love it though which is a good sign.

Any kind of update is appreciated. I know by numbers returning it looks like they will need some kids to step up. It also looks as they are a fairly young team too. Defense will probably be ahead of the offense early. But love hearing the intensity has picked up.

3 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

Any kind of update is appreciated. I know by numbers returning it looks like they will need some kids to step up. It also looks as they are a fairly young team too. Defense will probably be ahead of the offense early. But love hearing the intensity has picked up.

They will need quite a few to step up. I did see some encouraging play out of some sophomores last year. Meyer boys have bigger roles to fill. Hopefully OL can stay healthy. QB position is a toss up from what I hear. It's going to take a few kids to replace the production of Bivens. I think they will be much more aggressive in terms of scheme on defense overall. 

From the outside looking in, this will be a transition year in more ways than one.  Bivens covered up a lot of cracks for last year's offense.  The offensive line was suspect with Sandfoss out. Hopefully, the extra year maturity allowed the line to become more athletic.  That's my major area of concern.  I know that Will Meyer was thrown into a VERY difficult position as a Freshman having to start both ways.  He handled that extremely well and grew so much over the course of the year that you forgot how old he really was.  IF the line can fill in around him, I'll feel very good about the potential of the team.  They will have a rough start to the season as players mature, but I think that this may be one of those teams, like the '99 team, where the jump in improvement from Week 1 to the postseason will be night and day.  

Look out for Sophomore Buck Welch at RB.  He plays with an edge, but if he can keep his cool, he's going to be a big weapon.  

On 7/17/2026 at 1:59 PM, Three Blind Mice said:

From the outside looking in, this will be a transition year in more ways than one.  Bivens covered up a lot of cracks for last year's offense.  The offensive line was suspect with Sandfoss out. Hopefully, the extra year maturity allowed the line to become more athletic.  That's my major area of concern.  I know that Will Meyer was thrown into a VERY difficult position as a Freshman having to start both ways.  He handled that extremely well and grew so much over the course of the year that you forgot how old he really was.  IF the line can fill in around him, I'll feel very good about the potential of the team.  They will have a rough start to the season as players mature, but I think that this may be one of those teams, like the '99 team, where the jump in improvement from Week 1 to the postseason will be night and day.  

Look out for Sophomore Buck Welch at RB.  He plays with an edge, but if he can keep his cool, he's going to be a big weapon.  

Really excited to see Meyer take that next step. Kohler has a ton of experience and Muench learned a lot as well last year. Tillman is another one I am excited to see perform. I hear the QB position was wide open to begin practices. Curious to see how that shakes out.

Who is Newport Central Catholic scrimmaging this week? How’s things going?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.