Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland 79 Montgomery County 68

Featured Replies

I was lead to believe Moco was the best team in the state now that Sears is eligible. After a loss mind you. How could they possibly drop two in a row now that Sears is playing?

12 minutes ago, Mahogany21 said:

I was lead to believe Moco was the best team in the state now that Sears is eligible. After a loss mind you. How could they possibly drop two in a row now that Sears is playing?

Sears is far from acclimated to the pace of varsity basketball after playing his last game 10.5 months ago.  I think in four weeks MoCo will be fine.

I’m predicting MoCo and GRC will meet two more times this season in the district and regional finals.  I think they will split them, just don’t know which. 

Sears has been practicing and playing JV. Let’s not act like he’s just been out of basketball. 

  • Author

That makes Montgomery 0-2 this season vs. 16th region opponents losing both by an average of 14.5 points.

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

That makes Montgomery 0-2 this season vs. 16th region opponents losing both by an average of 14.5 points.

Ashland played their A game and I've seen then more than once.

  • Author
10 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

Ashland played their A game and I've seen then more than once.

I said on the other thread if they are shooting it well they can play with anyone. They have beat Boyd now twice this season. When they lost to by 20 to GRC two of their top 3 players did not play in that game. Neel and Smith. I think Neel had 29 yesterday.

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I said on the other thread if they are shooting it well they can play with anyone. They have beat Boyd now twice this season. When they lost to by 20 to GRC two of their top 3 players did not play in that game. Neel and Smith. I think Neel had 29 yesterday.

That is a good point and here are my notes pertaining to Ashland's shooting, as they have made some strides there.

  • In the first three games especially Ashland struggled from three point range. Outside of Drew Smith, Ashland's starters were 4/22 from downtown opening up.
  • Over the last five games (Prior to Montgomery County) Ashland has shot almost 44% from outside.
  • Justin Hughes, especially, has made significant strides. 
    • First 12 games: 7/24 from downtown for 29.2%. Did not hit more than one three pointer in a game.
    • Last 5 games: 12/20 from downtown. This does not include Montgomery County where he hit one.
    • Has been working hard on his shooting form, getting up a lot of shots. His release has made significant strides and it shows as the free throw line as well. 9/14 in his first 12 games, 5/5 in the last five. Did not go to the line against Montgomery County.
  • Elijah Neel: 
    • A total of 13 three pointers on the season coming into the Boyd County game. Hit 6 against the Lions.
    • Hit 2 three pointers against Montgomery County.

 

I know this, it seemed as if Ashland couldn’t miss a 3 vs Montgomery. If they consistently shoot like that the through the post season they will be difficult to defeat. Reminded me of the Cole Villars led teams from a few years ago. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.