Scheyer vs. Redick

YankeeFan22

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he will be as pure as JJ...simply because JJ got a lot of lift on his shots, and was pure from day one, as far as being more complete...I would certainly say he is ahead of that curve right now....but JJ turned it on immensely after his sophomore year.

A couple of quirky things...Scheyer's initials areJJS...now that's funny...

Jon is an inch taller than JJ...

Right now Jon is shooting 39.6% (All FG's), 35.7% (3FG), 88% (ft's), 3.1 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.1 spg...and is averaging 11.7 ppg

JJ freshman year he shot 41.3% (all FG's), 39.9% (3FG), 91.9% (ft's), 2.5 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.2 spg, and averaged 15 ppg.

Its tough to compare a kid to a college player as great as JJ was, especially since he's only a freshman. I like watching this kid play, he's a competitor. I dont know if he'll be as good as JJ was, but im certain he'll have a great career at Duke.

Anything around 40%, give or take a couple % points isnt shooting very good. That, along with Redick's play in the NCAA tourney has always been my biggest complaint when discussing Redick. And why I do not consider him one of the great all time college players.

JJ indeed is a "LEGEND"...no matter what you allow yourself to think...

42%, 40%, and 91% are awesome numbers for a shooting guard that shot 1906 FGs...and 726 FT's

Whats the chances of Scheyer becoming as pure of a shooter as Redick and being a more all around player than Redick was before he leaves Duke.

During the season I dont think he will ever do as good as Redick, but when it comes to the NCAA tournament, he definitely has a chance to be better than him there. Because Redick definitely never played his best in the NCAA tournament...

JJ indeed is a "LEGEND"...no matter what you allow yourself to think...

42%, 40%, and 91% are awesome numbers for a shooting guard that shot 1906 FGs...and 726 FT's

That fg% is poor. Theres no way around it. 42% is just not good. I do applaud him for shooting better his senior year though.

But the fact is Redick simply could not get it done in March.

Scheyer needs a lot of physical improvement to earn comparisons to Redick. He seems to be a more intense player, especially defensively, and he is more of a spot up shooter now than Redick ever was.

I like his game, all aspects of it, and he seems to have a more natural scoring ability than Redick. Once his body matures and he becomes physically stronger he may become a better all-around player than Redick was. But that remains to be seen.

Cameron Mills' senior year, he shot 41.7% (fg's), Richie Farmer was a career 38.9% shooter, your boy Sparks shot 40.8 %...

Please show me anywhere that I said any of those 3 guys were as good as JJ Redick was. The only argument these guys can make is that they all did make some really big plays in the NCAA tournament. And Redick really didnt when he had the opportunity.