SEC vs Big 12

gametime

I wasn't sold on the Big 12 at first, but they are playing some very good ball at the top and middle this year. Couple that with the collapse of the SEC West and I think it's a great debate...

I think the Big 12 is better...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall SEC is better:

BIG 12:

Texas A&M: Solid team all over.

OK State: Very shaky team. Looks like a top 10 team then looks like a top 40 team.

Kansas: A lot of talent could make a run

Kansas State: They are hot right now by they will fizzle out or in the Second round like every Huggins team.:sssh: Thats for you GT

Texas: Won't do much come tourney time. Can't forget about CRUSH though he can be deadly and carry them. (No big guy down low or D)

Now much else outside of those teams.

SEC:

Florida: Not much to say #1 team in the land.

Tenn: With Lofton they are the 2nd best team in the SEC and could beat anyone on any given night.

Kentucky: Who knows with them. But they keep winning regardless.

Vandy: Won't do much come tourney time. Solid team tho.

Georgia: Could do some damage if they get hot but I just don't see them as being that good.

And again after these teams not much else.

So with all that being said. Those 5 Vs each other I would take the SEC.

#1 goes to the SEC. #2-#5 I'd have to say the Big 12 would be the favorite on a neutral court. UT over Oklahoma. Texas Tech over Ole Miss. Arkansas and Auburn favorites at 8 and 9. 10 and 11 are a tossup and the Final 4 team in last over Colorado. That's 5-5 with the two tossup games at the bottom. I guess it comes down to I expected more from the SEC and less from the Big 12 so far...

Aren't all of the major conferences the same? For instance I could easily see the number 5 team in the ACC beating the number 5 team in the Pac 10, but the Pac 10 is supposed to be the best conference. The Big 10 and Big East are considered down, but on any given night the number 4-6 team in those conferences could beat the number 4-6 team in any conference. Couldn't you have just said right now the Big 12 looks good even though they're only playing teams in their conference so who really knows until March?