Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Murray 44 Union County 7

Tigers vs. Braves 27 members have voted

  1. 1. Pick a side...

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 10/17/2025 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

? Murray (7-0, 3A #4)
vs.
? Union County (4-3)

? Unbeaten Tigers Prowling The Home Of The Brave

This time last year, Union County was lying in the tall grass, waiting patiently to unleash a sneak attack on the rest of 3A, where the Braves rode Jarren Johnson to a state runner-up finish.

Murray hasn't been quite as stealthy this season, but they are shaping up as a strong contender to reach Lexington. The Tigers are rolling up nearly 50 points per game en route to their best start in fifteen years.

Wyatt Robbins is conducting Murray's offensive symphony, penning a Mr. Football résumé with every whip of his right arm. Isaiah Martin has been on the receiving end of twelve of Robbins' 22 touchdown passes, and doubles as one of the state's premier return men.

No one was going to replace Johnson in Morganfield, but Willem McPeake has been more than adequate stepping into the lead role for the Braves. He's been on a tear since Week 2, averaging 164 yards per game over the last six games.

The ground and pound preference of Union County has its work cut out trying to keep pace with the speed, balance, and increasing momentum of Murray's two fisted attack.

Robbins accounted for 310 total yards and three touchdown passes against the Braves last year, as Murray won 33-13 at home.

Curious to see this one. Murray’s schedule hasn’t been a tough one outside of a solid McCracken team. Wonder if that catches up to them later on. 
 

Looking at common opponents Murray beat McCracken 59-56 while Union lost to McCracken 49-25.

 

I do think Union can slow the game down and I think this game will be closer than people think. I’ll take Murray to win though. 

A lot is at stake in this one.  District championship, possibly home field advantage and the #2 seed for the Tigers.

Murray will have to play sound run defense through out this game.  Something they have not done well at times.  They will have to find a way to get the ball back to that offense.  On the flip side, I do not think the Braves can match up with the athletes the Tigers have. 
 

Murray will be at full strength for the first time this year as they get back 3 from injuries. This should help their defense moving forward.  
 

Murray 49

Braves 14

3 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Curious to see this one. Murray’s schedule hasn’t been a tough one outside of a solid McCracken team. Wonder if that catches up to them later on. 
 

Looking at common opponents Murray beat McCracken 59-56 while Union lost to McCracken 49-25.

 

I do think Union can slow the game down and I think this game will be closer than people think. I’ll take Murray to win though. 

I don’t know how solid McCracken is while I’ll admit they are better than everyone else on their schedule.

If Union couldn’t beat them with the team they had lost year I don’t think they are beating them this year. I think the question is will it be competitive or ugly. I’m going ugly I think Murray gets up big early and cruises to victory.

  • Author
10 minutes ago, theguru said:

Option #3.... WMSK 101.3 on YouTube usually streams Union County home games.

?: https://youtube.com/@wmskradio?si=64HcejEN6NR2eHp3

I'll embed the stream when it becomes available, probably not till Friday evening.

Give me Youtube every time over all other formats. 

Is it me or do I need binoculars to watch this thing?

17-0

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.