Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ronald Exantus released on parole

Featured Replies

https://www.wkyt.com/2025/10/06/calls-grow-re-examine-ronald-exantus-case-after-early-release/

I know next to nothing about this case, but just saw that this man has been released. Below is what I have gathered. Can somebody help me to understand how this man is being released?

-Broke into a family's home and stabbed multiple people including a 6 year old child who later died from injuries.

-Tried and found not guilty by reason of insanity.

-Convicted of lesser charge and sentenced to 20 years.

-Released 13 years early and placed on just eight months of supervised probation.

-According to parole board, he qualifies as "non-violent".

If he can’t be guilty because he is insane, shouldn’t he be in a home?

  • Author

Map-near-school-734x576.jpg

After being released and moving to Florida, his current residence is practically on top of an elementary school. Wild.

Already been arrested for failing to register as a convicted felon upon moving to Florida. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Already been arrested for failing to register as a convicted felon upon moving to Florida. 

I didn't even know some states require felons to register. From a law enforcement standpoint the law makes sense, it's another tool for local law enforcement and prosecutors to use. 

Just now, sportsfan41 said:

I didn't even know some states require felons to register. From a law enforcement standpoint the law makes sense, it's another tool for local law enforcement and prosecutors to use. 

I wonder if he knew?  I had no idea.

47 minutes ago, theguru said:

I wonder if he knew?  I had no idea.

Probably not but laws are different in every state and ignorance of them typically isn't a good defense. 

5 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Probably not but laws are different in every state and ignorance of them typically isn't a good defense. 

I agree with that.

Now, I don't think he should have been released in the first place but I also don't think he should be locked away for several years because of the registration issue.  I am conflicted here. 

1 minute ago, theguru said:

I agree with that.

Now, I don't think he should have been released in the first place but I also don't think he should be locked away for several years because of the registration issue.  I am conflicted here. 

That's why I view the registration law in Florida as more of a tool. They're either going to run people out of the state if they don't want them there or lock them up. Hopefully, as is with many laws on the book, each case is handled after reviewing all of the history and facts of each individual. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.