Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 42 Newport Central Catholic 7

Featured Replies

The only sliver lining I see with the 3 man front against the non-district schedule is, it’ll be that much easier when they get to single A ball. But that is this week with Raceland and it won’t be easy by any means. We played a 5 man front a lot back in the day, mixed in a  4-3 from time to time. They could play a different front if they wanted to.

Very impressed with how Grayson Montgomery played. Completed 81% of his passes throwing 201 yards and 5 TDs!!!! Great night!

5 hours ago, Breds82 said:

The only sliver lining I see with the 3 man front against the non-district schedule is, it’ll be that much easier when they get to single A ball. But that is this week with Raceland and it won’t be easy by any means. We played a 5 man front a lot back in the day, mixed in a  4-3 from time to time. They could play a different front if they wanted to.

They certainly could. I still say, though, that switching on the fly in a game, when you haven't worked on it, isn't a good idea. I'd also say, if you're a little undersized as a team or lacking depth (and I have no idea if NCC is or not), a 3-man front is probably the better choice. Plenty of ways to generate pressure and different looks out of your base defense. 

NCC will likely be fine. Conner will always be a tough matchup for NCC just because of the size difference between the schools, even if Conner is down a little. The difference between 1a and 5a is getting bigger and bigger.

I believe rjs is spot on.  I was told 4 Dline players that have all started at one point did not play due to injuries.  And with an already small team that has to be a factor.  Not to mention those 3 Dline players probably played every snap on offense.  

11 hours ago, DICEMAN said:

Very impressed with how Grayson Montgomery played. Completed 81% of his passes throwing 201 yards and 5 TDs!!!! Great night!

Dudes got game.

9 hours ago, Hydration-coach83 said:

I believe rjs is spot on.  I was told 4 Dline players that have all started at one point did not play due to injuries.  And with an already small team that has to be a factor.  Not to mention those 3 Dline players probably played every snap on offense.  

That's one thing I love about 1A football is all the players that go both ways. But yeah boy that takes it's toll, especially against 5A. 

Congrats to Connor on a dominating performance. NewCath has some obvious issues they need to figure out quickly. Hopefully things get turned around when they get all their guys back up front. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.