Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wicked

Featured Replies

As a long-time fan of musical theater (60 years and counting), I very much enjoyed the film.  4.5 stars out of 5.

3 hours ago, mcpapa said:

As a long-time fan of musical theater (60 years and counting), I very much enjoyed the film.  4.5 stars out of 5.

Saw the play in the theater 2 times.  Once with SNL Alumn Tim Kazerinski as the wizard.  The plays were entertaining, but I didn't find them as big as all the hype.  No real desire to see the movie since I will always see Ariana Grande as Kat on Victorious.

Wife and daughter saw it on Broadway a few years ago and loved it. They were very happy with the movie and I believe went to see it twice.

Wizard of Oz being one of my least favorite movies ever, I've not been drawn to see this yet.

I probably would not have seen it but because of family activities over the holidays, I have seen it twice. I liked it the first time but found some of the Hollywood agenda annoying. I liked the movie much more the second time. My daughter has seen it four times.

Both Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo are fantastic. Grande far exceeded my expectations for her in this role.

I will definitely go see part 2 when it comes out.

What is it with Hollywood and the need to make everything into a franchise.   That was not a story that needed 2 movies to wrap up.

1 minute ago, Tranquility Base said:

What is it with Hollywood and the need to make everything into a franchise.   That was not a story that needed 2 movies to wrap up.

That is what Hollywood told the director Jon Chu. Chu pushed back and said he needed two movies to tell the story. He won the argument and the Hollywood studio is happy they let him win. It is already the highest grossing musical to a movie in history.

10 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

What is it with Hollywood and the need to make everything into a franchise.   That was not a story that needed 2 movies to wrap up.

Hollywood is in a weird spot. 9 of the top 10 grossing movies of 2024 were franchise sequel movies/animation. Wicked was the exception, but it’s technically a prequel and as you said, getting a sequel.

Stretching Wicked out to five hours or so is ridiculous. What are we doing here? And yes, I really enjoyed the film.

  • Author
2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

That is what Hollywood told the director Jon Chu. Chu pushed back and said he needed two movies to tell the story. He won the argument and the Hollywood studio is happy they let him win. It is already the highest grossing musical to a movie in history.

See Deathly Hallows, The, and Hobbit, The. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Wife and daughter saw it on Broadway a few years ago and loved it. They were very happy with the movie and I believe went to see it twice.

Wizard of Oz being one of my least favorite movies ever, I've not been drawn to see this yet.

I’ve seen it three times.   As good a Broadway show for two strong female leads as there is. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.