Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbellsville at Sayre Predictions/Updates

Who Wins 73 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/30/2024 at 12:30 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, slowmobster said:

Lot's of rain today and tomorrow forecasted for Lexington, and kickoff will be below 30 degrees.

What kind of wind speed are we talking about? The wind in the Hazard/Raceland game would dead stop punts right in the air. Believe that wind was around 25-30 mph. 

  • Replies 67
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • slowmobster
    slowmobster

    This is the untalked about aspect about Sayre that doesn’t get mentioned enough. The Spartan defense is very good.

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    The Pikeville game did more to validate that unit than everything that came before it combined. I feel like we can officially label Sayre‘s defense as legit. They're top tier in all three phases.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

What kind of wind speed are we talking about? The wind in the Hazard/Raceland game would dead stop punts right in the air. Believe that wind was around 25-30 mph. 

Forecast says around 10-11mph during game time. I doubt it’ll be a huge factor.

45-19 Sayre in the poll. 

These two teams had me torn at the beginning of the season. I can’t wait to watch this one. 

3 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

These two teams had me torn at the beginning of the season. I can’t wait to watch this one. 

I was on Sayre for a bit. I know their regular season strength of schedule wasn’t strong but what I saw of them against Ludlow was enough of an indicator that they were special. 
 

I was pretty big on Campbellsville and really felt like their loss to KCD didn’t mean too much because of possibly just being a bad game. As their turnovers and other discipline challenges continued, I started thinking a little differently.

In my opinion, what makes Sayre better that likely doesn’t get enough attention is their defense. Most know of how good they are offensively. Sayre has been much more balanced on both sides of the ball this year in my opinion, which has been the difference from last season.

Campbellsville is going to pick up right where they left off last week against NCC. As long as they take care of the football, I feel like they make school history and appear in their first state championship. I don’t feel like Sayre has seen the speed at every position like campbellsville has. I do think it will be a good football game, but the eagles are dancing at the end of the night! 

17 minutes ago, Wildcat63 said:

Campbellsville is going to pick up right where they left off last week against NCC. 

I think Campbellsville will need to do that and more.  I believe Sayre is a couple of steps up from NCC this year and Sayre did beat Pikeville and that has to count for something.  Either way, it should be a great game!

40 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think Campbellsville will need to do that and more.  I believe Sayre is a couple of steps up from NCC this year and Sayre did beat Pikeville and that has to count for something.  Either way, it should be a great game!

Agreed, but let’s be honest. Pikeville isn’t the same Pikeville they have been the last three years. They are banged up. Brendan Anthony is not 100% and their starting RB was out. If you watched any film on that game you can see it wasn’t the same Pikeville that campbellsville played last year in the semis. Sayre is good. Coached well have some playmakers and so forth. Sayre has the pressure on them to win not campbellsville. Campbellsville is healthy has all their players back from the incident at Russellville and I look for them to come out firing on all cylinders! 

12 hours ago, Wildcat63 said:

Agreed, but let’s be honest. Pikeville isn’t the same Pikeville they have been the last three years. They are banged up. Brendan Anthony is not 100% and their starting RB was out. If you watched any film on that game you can see it wasn’t the same Pikeville that campbellsville played last year in the semis. Sayre is good. Coached well have some playmakers and so forth. Sayre has the pressure on them to win not campbellsville. Campbellsville is healthy has all their players back from the incident at Russellville and I look for them to come out firing on all cylinders! 

Anthony may of not been a 100%, but if I’m not mistaken he played all but 1 game. I’m not sure who you’re talking about as the starting running back as Anthony is the starting running back.  The difference between Pikeville this year and last is the offensive line and have THAT playmaker on the outside. Pikeville had solid receivers, but that guy that can wow you like in 2023. 
 

Sayre is gonna have the confidence playing at home, the pressure will be on Campbellsville to come on road and steal one.  This should be a heck of a game though. 

1 hour ago, slowmobster said:

Whose carrying a stream for this game?

This game may be one of three or so that there is no stream for.  

Anyone?

13 minutes ago, theguru said:

This game may be one of three or so that there is no stream for.  

Anyone?

I haven’t seen or heard of anything either. This is one that I wanted to check in on some too.

2 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

Anthony may of not been a 100%, but if I’m not mistaken he played all but 1 game. I’m not sure who you’re talking about as the starting running back as Anthony is the starting running back.  The difference between Pikeville this year and last is the offensive line and have THAT playmaker on the outside. Pikeville had solid receivers, but that guy that can wow you like in 2023. 
 

Sayre is gonna have the confidence playing at home, the pressure will be on Campbellsville to come on road and steal one.  This should be a heck of a game though. 

Jayden justice was the starting running back for Pikeville that tore his meniscus. I agree Pikeville lacked a lot up front and didn’t look like the normal pikeville.  I’m anxious to see how it unfolds tonight! 

8 minutes ago, Wildcat63 said:

Jayden justice was the starting running back for Pikeville that tore his meniscus. I agree Pikeville lacked a lot up front and didn’t look like the normal pikeville.  I’m anxious to see how it unfolds tonight! 

I was under the impression that he was Anthonys backup only having half the touches, and also since both started on defense.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.