Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 70 Shelby Cty 66 (3 OT)

Featured Replies

What an awesome game to see!:jump:

The Pioneers are really coming together at the right time!

Farris has really stepped up and filled in for Figgins.:thumb:

Both teams deserved a victory. Hopefully, this will be replayed at the 8th region final.

I heard it was great ending and a hard fought game, back and forth the whole time.

Big win for the pioneers without Hester or at least i presume without him. Still a big win any way you look at it. How much did Hurd put up.

 

This is a joke right?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... Look at what thread ya posted in and then think...... I'm sure you've realized what your mistake was. But I'm sure Hurd would have had a HUGE night if he would have played in this game, no offense to the ladies of Shelby County. Sounds like it was a great game, 3 OT, had to be a great game.

Great game by both teams! Tolliver had 23 for SK

Coach Stowers is doing an excellent job with the team! He certainly has them playing their best ball at the right time!

16-2 with back to back wins over quality teams. After beating BC the way they did I would like to see them play ND again! ND is definitely the team to beat the way they are walking through teams.

Great job SK and great job to Coach Stowers!!

Nice win SK, congrats. Good to see the 8th region tighten up. Coach K, NDA didn't walk through Boone so the 9th is a bit tight as well. It is great for Northern Kentucky Basketball.

Great game by both teams! Tolliver had 23 for SK

Coach Stowers is doing an excellent job with the team! He certainly has them playing their best ball at the right time!

16-2 with back to back wins over quality teams. After beating BC the way they did I would like to see them play ND again! ND is definitely the team to beat the way they are walking through teams.

Great job SK and great job to Coach Stowers!!

 

NDA didn't walk through NCC either. I wouldn't hand the trophy to anyone yet. That's why they play the games right? Good luck to all and congrats to the Pioneers!

I would call the 8th a toss-up and Anderson is still in the mix there as well. A triple overtime doesn't give either team an advantage. If anything, SK frustrated Shelby last night and it really showed down the stretch so it will be interesting to see how Shelby respond.

 

The best days may still lie ahead for SK as the core of their team is sophomores and juniors - with only one senior on the roster. Prior to Lindsey Figgins getting injured, they were starting 4 sophs and a jr. No SK girls team has ever made it to state so I have to believe they will get their chance over the next three years.

In reference to the 8th..I would have to say that I see 4 or 5 really strong teams in this region. SK, Shelby, Anderson, Carroll and possibly Walton.

 

Carroll lost by 8 early in the season at Shelby and Anderson played them close at home. I am sure all of the teams have improved since then.

 

In the tournament you never know what could happen.

Does this make SK the favorite for the 8th region title come March?

 

I would pick SK in the 8th right now.

I believe the 8th region is at Owen CO. this year. I looked it up on the Khsaa Website and that looks like what is says. Someone please correct me if I am wrong the listing is very hard for me to read.

 

Do they seed the tournament or is it a draw?

Where is the 8th region tourney played this year?

 

It is at Owen County. Not sure if you consider this a seeding process but the winners of districts play the runner-ups of districts in the first round. That process is a draw.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.