Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Garrard County at Central Predictions/Updates

Who Wins? 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Central
      94%
    • Garrard County
      5%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/15/2024 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Central has a 2nd round home playoff game with Garrard County.

Central(8-3) is coming off a 64 to 0 blowout win over Casey County.

Garrard County(8-3) is coming off a 35 to 7 win over Elizabethtown

These two teams enter with identical 8-3 records in this 3A 2nd round matchup. I believe Central strength of schedule is the difference in this one and the Yellowjackets advance.

 

Love me some Garrard County.  They have had a great season, but they just don’t have what it takes to go into downtown Louisville and knock off Central.

I expect the Golden Lions to compete as well as anybody has against Central. I just don't think Garrard will have that caliber athlete to beat Central on the road. 

Comes down to the big guys up front. If GC can create some space they have capable running backs. They can make it respectful if they can win up front. If they can't control line of scrimmage they will struggle. Good Luck to the Golden Lions. 

Both teams have rushed for over 3,000 yards and passed for under 700 on the year. This game will be ground heavy and will come down to who can get key stops. 

It would be cool to see Garrard keep it close but I don't see a scenario where that would be a possibility. 

1 hour ago, DearToday said:

It would be cool to see Garrard keep it close but I don't see a scenario where that would be a possibility. 

It's possible. Eat clock, don't turn it over, be happy with 3 yards/play. Garrard plays a style with what they do in the Wing T (the couple series within the system in and of itself that they choose to hang their hat on) where if anybody like them that is a legit underdog will give them the best chance of keeping it close and/or doing the unthinkable, it's them. 

I've seen it.

On the other hand, I've seen it before where Central, and the almost seeminlgy year in year out turnover causing machine (pick 6's, strip 6's, scoop and scores, etc) that they are, take people that played the only style that would have given them a chance & Central ensues yet another boat racing to yet another team in their class.

I've seen it.

19 minutes ago, Calico Jack said:

It's possible. Eat clock, don't turn it over, be happy with 3 yards/play. Garrard plays a style with what they do in the Wing T (the couple series within the system in and of itself that they choose to hang their hat on) where if anybody like them that is a legit underdog will give them the best chance of keeping it close and/or doing the unthinkable, it's them. 

I've seen it.

On the other hand, I've seen it before where Central, and the almost seeminlgy year in year out turnover causing machine (pick 6's, strip 6's, scoop and scores, etc) that they are, take people that played the only style that would have given them a chance & Central ensues yet another boat racing to yet another team in their class.

I've seen it.

Calico hits it here. I will say, Garrards style leads me to think they can keep the score down, which results in a competitive game. Also, NEVER count out a Jeff Hester coached defense. Will Garrard win? I doubt it. But it may be closer than people think. 

35 minutes ago, FromTheStands05 said:

Calico hits it here. I will say, Garrards style leads me to think they can keep the score down, which results in a competitive game. Also, NEVER count out a Jeff Hester coached defense. Will Garrard win? I doubt it. But it may be closer than people think. 

Garrard lost to Mercer.. I don't think there's any chance they can keep it remotely close with Central. 

5 hours ago, DearToday said:

Garrard lost to Mercer.. I don't think there's any chance they can keep it remotely close with Central. 

And Central beat Cal by 3 scores. 

57 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Garrard lost to Mercer.. I don't think there's any chance they can keep it remotely close with Central. 

Yes they did, I was there for it. FWIW, Garrard played really well, and it was just a really good game (obviously, by the score).

I'm not calling for the upset or even dying on the hill that it will be remotely close, but when you factor in the styles of play by both Central/Garrard operate in...the clock is going to run when both teams have the ball. Both know who they are, both know who they aren't.

IF Garrard can extend drives, hold onto it, somehow manage to punch one or two in against a defense that, historically, almost feels like they have the ball when their opponents do + force Central into a couple turnovers? They'll have a chance. Obviously that's a lot that they are going to need to go right.

Central a few years back when they won their last state title looked like they were going to get ran out of the house by Corbin in the 1st half, then the 2nd half, I don't know that Corbin crossed midfield. They are definitely their own kind of beast.

With 5:31 to go in the first, Garrard County scores on their opening drive and leads 7-0. 

6 minutes ago, Shaquille_Oatmeal said:

With 5:31 to go in the first, Garrard County scores on their opening drive and leads 7-0. 

That’s the formula!!

Turnover on downs Central! GC with the ball on the Central 35.

Central goes for it on a long fourth down in Golden Lions territory but couldn’t  convert. The Golden lions have the ball and lead 7-0 at the end of one. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.