Lyon County vs. Adair County Predictions/Updates (KHSAA Boys' Sweet 16®)

Lyon County vs. Adair County  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/2024 at 05:36 PM

image.thumb.png.7d8695a1e5e8942ac8d43f0f57e4dd61.pngvs image.png.08682d967f7c43b34b6c86f5f13718f7.png

This will be the 1:30 game on Friday. This game pits the regions 2 and 5 in this quarterfinal game. The Lyons of Lyon Co. come into this game at 33-3 and the Indians of Adair Co. come into this quarterfinal game at 29-7. Lyon Co. is led of course by Mr. Basketball Travis Perry averaging just under 30 points a game. They also have Brady Shoulders who averages a double double at just under 18 points and 10 rebounds per game. Shoulders also kept the ball the last minute of the game vs Ashland and took the last shot and made the two FT's to win the game.

The Indians of Adair Co. are coming off an fairly easy win over Marshall Co. in the opening round of the tournament. The Indians are led by Isaish Cochran and Connor Loy both average about 17 ppg. They have all 5 starters that are underclassman.

These two teams have played this season it was back on Feb. 17 at Lyon Co. where they lost by 50 at 98-48. I do think it will be much closer this time. Also, Lyon Co. and Travis Perry will need to play better than they did vs. Ashland and I think they will as well. I think that Lyon should win this one by 10-15, but that is why they play the games.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

One of these two teams is playing on Saturday.  

And what happened in the 50 point loss game on 2-17-24?

Adair actually led 23-22 in that game with around 4 minutes until halftime but all of a sudden the wheels fell off with some missed jump shots, turnovers, and Lyon County got extremely hot. Then Adair's 6'7 Cochran fouled out midway through the third quarter.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ACfan4 said:

Adair actually led 23-22 in that game with around 4 minutes until halftime but all of a sudden the wheels fell off with some missed jump shots, turnovers, and Lyon County got extremely hot. Then Adair's 6'7 Cochran fouled out midway through the third quarter.

Thank you for that.  It makes the game tomorrow even more interesting. May the best team win!

I was told that most of Adairs stars fouled out in this game as well.  Lyon is the favorite, but Adair has a nice team and as we saw in the first round, anything can happen.  I think Lyon wins by 8-12.

I commented on the officiating commercial during these games a day or two ago.  The other one they keep hitting us with is a young man trying to "coach parents up" to be supportive of their children and their sporting endeavors instead of cracking the whip all the time.