Boyle County 52 Danville Christian Academy 45

7 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

Boyle County Rebels are your 45th District Champs! Feel bad for whatever champion draws DCA first round of Region.

I'll guarantee it will be Somerset...we've had that kind of luck all season.

Very balanced attack tonight by Boyle. Seneca Driver played very well as did Lyndon Smith. Quisenberry was good as well. 

As for DCA, they laid an egg. They came out early with questionable shot selection and dug a hole that cost them all night. Not the disciplined team I’ve seen play throughout this year. More importantly, I can’t believe they didn’t play 2/3. That’s just insane to me. Zone has been Boyle’s cryptonite all year. Add DCA’s length to the mix and it makes even less sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

Very balanced attack tonight by Boyle. Seneca Driver played very well as did Lyndon Smith. Quisenberry was good as well. 

As for DCA, they laid an egg. They came out early with questionable shot selection and dug a hole that cost them all night. Not the disciplined team I’ve seen play throughout this year. More importantly, I can’t believe they didn’t play 2/3. That’s just insane to me. Zone has been Boyle’s cryptonite all year. Add DCA’s length to the mix and it makes even less sense.

DCA hasn't played zone all year. 

Pedigree and having been in a position like this as a program before are huge factors that bode in Boyle's favor and they got the job done. The Rebels were the aggressors and drew a line in the sand early.

It is unfortunate for one of the other district champions, but DCA is in uncharted territory again. We will see if they can handle the pressure the next time they face it.

2 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

DCA hasn't played zone all year. 

That may be true, although I don't believe it is, but Boyle has 100% shown struggles the entire season against a zone and to be honest, I think Boyle has the better athletes overall and they showed they could break down DCA the entire night against the man-to-man.

27 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Boyle played bully ball. Hit some big shots, drove straight at them. Seneca Driver was a man tonight. The freshman has grown leaps and bounds all year. 

Yes, their strength was the single biggest factor in the win. You could tell which roster was made up of football players!

• Like 1

Tonight, DCA played a few possessions of 1-2-2 and then a possession 2-3 zone and Brown drained a 3 in.  I hadn’t seen in any other games this season while watching them play get in any zone defense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

Driver was outstanding all night going against the size of DCA. He was named tournament MVP and rightfully so. Bodner gave strong minutes against the DCA big men, too. And I'm glad you mentioned Lyndon Smith, who didn't produce much against Lincoln last night but was very, very good this evening. Terrific basketball game and a really nice win for Boyle.

• Like 1

Seneca Driver played great.  Since they moved Driver into the starting lineup Boyle is a different team.  IMO he should have been starting from the beginning of the season.  I look for Boyle to go far in the Region with their aggressive guard play from Brown and Quisenberry as well as Seneca Driver playing like the MVP he is.