Boyle County 60 Lincoln County 46 (45th District Semi-Finals)

Brown & Quisenberry controlled the game on both ends. Just such a bad matchup for Lincoln. They just didn’t  have the talent to hang with the Rebels.

Nuckols left it all on the floor for Lincoln. Played a great game. They finished 16-13 & 10-5 in region. As I’ve said before, that was a great job by Coach Jackson. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, QueenoftheSouth said:

Brown & Quisenberry controlled the game on both ends. Just such a bad matchup for Lincoln. They just didn’t  have the talent to hang with the Rebels.

Nuckols left it all on the floor for Lincoln. Played a great game. They finished 16-13 & 10-5 in region. As I’ve said before, that was a great job by Coach Jackson. 

I wouldn’t say Lincoln doesn’t have talent, they just don’t have the experience that Boyle has.  Boyle has 4 returning varsity starters and Lincoln had 1 and it showed tonight.  To be honest I think Lincoln had a lot better year than most people thought they would.

Coach Jackson will have his young TALENTED team ready next season! 

• Like 3

In the last few years Lincoln could depend on Smith and Alcorn  to get to the rim.  They don’t have that kind of player this year and that’s exactly what they needed against Boyle.  When a team plays aggressive man to man the best option is to go right at them.  Lincoln didn’t have anyone who could successfully attack them on the dribble.  

43 minutes ago, Bballis1 said:

I wouldn’t say Lincoln doesn’t have talent, they just don’t have the experience that Boyle has.  Boyle has 4 returning varsity starters and Lincoln had 1 and it showed tonight.  To be honest I think Lincoln had a lot better year than most people thought they would.

Lincoln graduates 3 starters, who replaces them? Boyle and DCA brings back just about every player. 45th District will be a battle again next year. 

2 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

Lincoln graduates 3 starters, who replaces them? Boyle and DCA brings back just about every player. 45th District will be a battle again next year. 

The 45th District will be a battle next year as it is every year.  Lincoln has a young talented JV team which will step up and feel the void I’m sure.

Thought this would be a hard matchup for LC.  Boyle can definitely flip a switch, and be a major player.  Great athletes and winners on the floor.  Tomorrow championship will be a fun one!  Patriots overachieved IMO.  They will be back, and will always be a factor! 

• theguru changed the title to Boyle County 60 Lincoln County 46 (45th District Semi-Finals)
8 hours ago, Bballis1 said:

There was a significant talent discrepancy last night. I can’t speak to the talent levels on their respective JV teams. I said previously that this was also a really bad matchup for Lincoln. They would’ve had to shoot around 50% from deep to beat Boyle. As was said by 24Rocks, when you play this Boyle team, you better have guards that can attack, that can handle the pressure of Quisenberry & Brown. Particularly in the halfcourt. If you don’t, they smell blood, and it’s going to be a long night. 

But, if you have strong guard play, that pressure can actually work in your favor. I expect to see that tonight against DCA. Everyone talks about DCA’s size and athleticism on the interior. BUT, if they didn’t have strong guard play, it wouldn’t matter against Boyle. Boyle can’t exploit their guards and so has to find a different way to beat them. And that’s where Boyle has struggled all year - against teams with guards they can’t make uncomfortbale. Boyle will be on the flip side tonight as they will be the team that has to torch the nets from deep in order to get the win.

It’s all about matchups, especially with this Boyle team. It just wasn’t a good one for Lincoln this year.