Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WYMT Top 10

Featured Replies

Most of Breathitts players are the ones that won the middle school state championship. But they were mostley holdbacks. But so is JBS mostely holdbacks. Breathitt has 2 seniors one starter which is brandon hays.

The five Starters are

G- Nick Noble

SG- Justin Hollan

SF-Aaron Combs-Fugate

PF-Brandon Hays

C- Travis Smith[/quote/]

Hollan, Combs and Smith didnt hold back. They are all where they should be. Noble is a hold back. Thats the only ones i think. But with a 16 year old freshman and a 18 year old junior then JB should be ok. But people see Breathitts weak schedule and think o well they must not play anyone. That may be true but this team is a very good one. Just wait til tourement time and this team will show all the douters!:fire:

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of Breathitts players are the ones that won the middle school state championship. But they were mostley holdbacks. But so is JBS mostely holdbacks. Breathitt has 2 seniors one starter which is brandon hays.

The five Starters are

G- Nick Noble

SG- Justin Hollan

SF-Aaron Combs-Fugate

PF-Brandon Hays

C- Travis Smith[/quote/]

Hollan, Combs and Smith didnt hold back. They are all where they should be. Noble is a hold back. Thats the only ones i think. But with a 16 year old freshman and a 18 year old junior then JB should be ok. But people see Breathitts weak schedule and think o well they must not play anyone. That may be true but this team is a very good one. Just wait til tourement time and this team will show all the douters!:fire:

 

Only two starters currently are from the 8th grade chapionship team, Smith and Hollon, which I've always argued that the 8th grade championship doesn't mean anything in high school. And the other poster was correct, Smith, Hollon, and Combs were all "holdbacks" which a lot of kids do that now a days. I will say this, if not for Breathitt's strong freshman class they would be burried somewhere in the middle of the pack in the 14th. I too worry about the weak schedule that Breathitt has played this year and it in no way compares with J.B.'s. Guess we'll find out soon enough when they meet.

I do think Breathitt is a solid team but not in the top 10. As for their schedule I don't think it was a bad idea by whomever put it together. After last year they needed some confidence and some time for the younger kids to gel. I know the schedule may have been together for a year or so but someone had some foresight and it may work out for the Bobcats. Just not in my top 10. P.S. I would hate to have to play the Bobcats in the first round of the regional tourney.

Pretty good list. I think that the list may have left a few teams out however.

I went to the prep classic in Montgomery Co. this weekend and saw some good games. Mason beat J-town by a narrow margin, South Laurel beat Paintsville by a narrow margin, and Chritian Co lost to Bryan Station by a narrow margin. Really good games and really good talent.

Most of Breathitts players are the ones that won the middle school state championship. But they were mostley holdbacks. But so is JBS mostely holdbacks. Breathitt has 2 seniors one starter which is brandon hays.

The five Starters are

G- Nick Noble

SG- Justin Hollan

SF-Aaron Combs-Fugate

PF-Brandon Hays

C- Travis Smith[/quote/]

Hollan, Combs and Smith didnt hold back. They are all where they should be. Noble is a hold back. Thats the only ones i think. But with a 16 year old freshman and a 18 year old junior then JB should be ok. But people see Breathitts weak schedule and think o well they must not play anyone. That may be true but this team is a very good one. Just wait til tourement time and this team will show all the douters!:fire:

Yes they are hold backs hollan smith combs

Boys take a big look at Pendleton countys big 4-8 recored they are on a role look at them big time teams that they have played. Bell county has also has played some big time teams. I don think Breathitt would have any Problems with Pendleton County.

 

Bell County Schedules

Lynn Camp Lynn Camp 69 - 49 (W)

Corbin Bell County 70 - 64 (W)

Evarts Evarts 73 - 53 (W)

Cawood Bell County 69 - 48 (W)

Cumberland Gap, TN Cumberland Gap, TN 52 - 42 (W)

Brynes, SC Corbin 49 - 48 (W)

Greenup County Corbin 66 - 46 (W)

Shelby Valley Corbin 58 - 61 (L)

Cumberland Bell County 57 - 42 (W)

Middlesboro Middlesboro 65 - 49 (W)

Leslie County Perry County Central 48 - 45 (W)

Perry County Central Perry County Central 82 - 53 (W)

June Buchanan Perry County Central 58 - 59 (L)

Harlan Bell County 91 - 65 (W)

Pineville Pineville 60 - 40 (W)

Evarts Bell County 79 - 47 (W)

Clay County Clay County - 7:30 PM Scott County Scott County - 9:00 PM

Cawood Cawood - 7:30 PM

Feb 2, '07 Harlan

Pendleton Countys

 

Holmes Holmes 42 - 73 (L)

Conner Conner 54 - 53 (W)

Dixie Heights Dixie Heights 56 - 69 (L)

Nicholas County Nicholas County 65 - 48 (W)

Newport Newport 53 - 63 (L)

Augusta Pendleton County 66 - 45 (W)

June Buchanan Lexington Catholic 65 - 76 (L)

Lincoln County Lexington Catholic 59 - 89 (L) Harrison County Mason County 44 - 45 (L)

Campbell County Campbell County 47 - 48 (L)

Newport Central Catholic Newport Central Catholic 43 - 54 (L)

Bishop Brossart Pendleton County 61 - 58 (W)

'07 Bracken County Bracken County - 7:30 PM

Bourbon County Pendleton County - 8:00 PM

Highlands Pendleton County - 8:00 PM

George Rogers Clark Pendleton County - 8:00 PM

Scott Pendleton County - 8:00 PM

Harrison County Pendleton County - 8:00 PM

Grant County Grant County - 7:30 PM

Williamstown Williamstown - 7:30 PM

Montgomery County Pendleton County - 7:30 PM

Silver Grove Pendleton County - 7:30 PM

Franklin County Franklin County - 7:30 PM

Mason County Pendleton County

 

What does Pendleton have to do with this thread.

 

Only two starters currently are from the 8th grade chapionship team, Smith and Hollon, which I've always argued that the 8th grade championship doesn't mean anything in high school. And the other poster was correct, Smith, Hollon, and Combs were all "holdbacks" which a lot of kids do that now a days. I will say this, if not for Breathitt's strong freshman class they would be burried somewhere in the middle of the pack in the 14th. I too worry about the weak schedule that Breathitt has played this year and it in no way compares with J.B.'s. Guess we'll find out soon enough when they meet.

 

I'm pretty sure the current group of freshmen also won their 8th grade championship. I agree, it doesn't translate over into a team that is going to win or contend for state tourny titles, but it should mean that they have a pretty decent amount of talent on their roster right now. So, while it doesn't mean state titles on the horizon, it should, at the least, mean they can strongly contend for the regional title and it looks like they will.

 

I'm not saying they will win the region or should be favored...right now I would definitely rate them behind June Buchanan. That doesn't mean a whole lot either to me though, as I can see JBS, Breathitt, Hazard or Perry Central winning the 14th region when the dust settles. JBS should be the favorite right now, but they haven't shown me enough to pencil them in as a lock.

  • Author

 

I'm pretty sure the current group of freshmen also won their 8th grade championship. I agree, it doesn't translate over into a team that is going to win or contend for state tourny titles, but it should mean that they have a pretty decent amount of talent on their roster right now. So, while it doesn't mean state titles on the horizon, it should, at the least, mean they can strongly contend for the regional title and it looks like they will.

 

I'm not saying they will win the region or should be favored...right now I would definitely rate them behind June Buchanan. That doesn't mean a whole lot either to me though, as I can see JBS, Breathitt, Hazard or Perry Central winning the 14th region when the dust settles. JBS should be the favorite right now, but they haven't shown me enough to pencil them in as a lock.

 

I think Breathitt is going through what JBS has went through the last couple of years and that is trying to earn peoples respect. JBS still goes through that some of that like when they lost 2 games in the 5th/3rd some people started yelling overrated. (even though it was to 2 top 15 teams). This Breathitt team will have to learn that you constantly have every game critiqued by the so called experts. The thing about being ranked highly is that it pleases alot of people when the top guys get beat.

I agree that even though JBS is to favorite it doesnt mean they will win because there are alot of teams that are capable of beating JBS on a given night. I have not seen Breathitt play but I will be there when they play JBS soon and no matter who wins I think it will a good game for both teams to play. I have always felt that you get better by playing good teams. Good luck to both teams .

What does Pendleton have to do with this thread.

JBS played Pendleton earlier this year and it was mentioned.

JBS played Pendleton earlier this year and it was mentioned.

 

they beat Pendleton by 11, and Pendleton beat Brossart, but the fact is, Breathitt has noone who can stop Cox, Collins, or either of the Stepps, Clint will shoot lights out, and Clark and Tate will do what they want,and when these two play ill say JBS win's by 14 or more,other than Hazard, Breathitt's best win, is between Buckhorn or Cordia, Breathitt's record is good, but if you gave them June Buchanan's or Hazard's schedule, they wouldnt be 18-1, they would be around 12-7 or somewhere around that, they couldnt beat Pendleton,Bell,Madison Central,Lafayette, or Holmes

they beat Pendleton by 11, and Pendleton beat Brossart, but the fact is, Breathitt has noone who can stop Cox, Collins, or either of the Stepps, Clint will shoot lights out, and Clark and Tate will do what they want,and when these two play ill say JBS win's by 14 or more,other than Hazard, Breathitt's best win, is between Buckhorn or Cordia, Breathitt's record is good, but if you gave them June Buchanan's or Hazard's schedule, they wouldnt be 18-1, they would be around 12-7 or somewhere around that, they couldnt beat Pendleton,Bell,Madison Central,Lafayette, or Holmes

 

Just wait and see JBS has it coming Justin Hollan, Brandon Hays, Travis Smith,

Nick Noble, Aaron Combs, The Fugate kid, and the allan kid, they are just to much for JBS.

Just wait and see JBS has it coming Justin Hollan, Brandon Hays, Travis Smith,

Nick Noble, Aaron Combs, The Fugate kid, and the allan kid, they are just to much for JBS.

 

really? ok then, i guess we will see, who is going to stop Cox, Collins, and Stepp, JBS will win this game by double digits

really? ok then, i guess we will see, who is going to stop Cox, Collins, and Stepp, JBS will win this game by double digits

Clark stepp is a ball hog and we will see:dancingpa

Clark stepp is a ball hog and we will see:dancingpa

 

I guess so, whatever you say, JBS is 15-3, with wins over far better teams than Breathitt has seen, I dont think Buckhorn and Brown compare to Bell County and Mason County, but thats just me, what do I know, South Floyd just played you a 9 point game

I guess so, whatever you say, JBS is 15-3, with wins over far better teams than Breathitt has seen, I dont think Buckhorn and Brown compare to Bell County and Mason County, but thats just me, what do I know, South Floyd just played you a 9 point game

 

I dont think that they Beat Mason County and bell county ant beat the good teams that they have played

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.