Pikeville vs. Middlesboro Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

The 3rd round is set for the 1A in the east. Middlesboro will travel to Pikeville for a clash with the Panthers. Since 1998 these teams have met 5 times. Middlesboro won the matchup in 1998,2001, and 2002. Pikeville won in 2013, and 2014. Since 1998 these teams have met 3 times, and Middlesboro won all 3 of them. These two teams finished #1 (Pikeville) and #8 (Middlesboro) in the BluegrassPreps 1A Top 10.

Who wins this playoff matchup? Does Pikeville flex again? Does Middlesboro stun the Defending Champions?

• Thanks 1

Schedule strength has a way of unmasking pretenders in November. Pikeville has LCA, Johnson Central, Belfry, and Raceland on its ledger. Middlesboro has Shelby Valley. Valley is a quality team, but that's it.

Pikeville's been relatively quiet lately. I think they rev the engine a little in this one, in preparation for a challenge in the semis.

57 minutes ago, Hitemdeep said:

Larry French is one of the best coaches all time in Kentucky. He will have his team ready but just not enough fire power to pull off the upset. Good luck to the Yellow Jackets.

Agreed. Middlesboro is solid but I'm not sure they are as good as they've been the last couple seasons. I don't think its a running clock but I'd pick Pikeville by three touchdowns.

• Like 1