Clemson 31 Notre Dame 23

hrcarrier

2 hours ago, theguru said:

ND was way down, right?

And we can all stick a fork in the Irish for 2023.

I would think so. I didn’t realize that Clemson had ten on more starters out. I know many may not like Dabo but if this is the case, it could play some strong relevance into their struggles more.

• Like 1

Clemson still had two big fumbles in key situations but the defense came up huge. Mafah played a nice game. After he fumbled trying to run out clock they got it back and Swinney gave it right back to him. That's a great compliment to a player.

And Freeman loses yet another big game.  This is becoming a troublesome pattern.

Of course, the Irish did themselves no favors with that muffed punt and then the pick six.  Take that away and this could've been a narrow Irish win.  But a NY6 bowl is now off the table.

5 hours ago, DanvilleFan said:

And Freeman loses yet another big game.  This is becoming a troublesome pattern.

Of course, the Irish did themselves no favors with that muffed punt and then the pick six.  Take that away and this could've been a narrow Irish win.  But a NY6 bowl is now off the table.

I thought the same thing about Freeman. I don’t know if I’d say this game seals anything necessarily, but it deducted from the nine lives he began with. I think he gets at least another season, but guess we will see. Regardless of winning/losing, I don’t think anyone can argue that Notre Dame played a very tough schedule this season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hrcarrier said:

I thought the same thing about Freeman. I don’t know if I’d say this game seals anything necessarily, but it deducted from the nine lives he began with. I think he gets at least another season, but guess we will see. Regardless of winning/losing, I don’t think anyone can argue that Notre Dame played a very tough schedule this season.

The fan base wanted Kelly out, now Freeman is the next target. Just who would the ND fans think can get them to the promised land??

• Like 1