Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Discussion

Featured Replies

As I am getting started on the season preview, just wanted to start a thread for some discussion. 

Who is your favorite this year?
Top 5 teams?
Top 10 players?
Breakout players?
 

Looking forward to a great season full of discussions, let's get it rolling!

Top 5 Teams (No Order)

Oldham, SK, Woodford, Walton, Spencer

 

I would say this region takes a BIG step back. No one will be a threat state wide. 

2 hours ago, Down4theblue said:

I would say this region takes a BIG step back. No one will be a threat state wide. 

Agreed. With that being said there’s no great teams and over 5 teams have a real chance at winning the region IMO. 

On 10/28/2023 at 9:53 PM, Nkybballfan23 said:

Top 5 Teams (No Order)

Oldham, SK, Woodford, Walton, Spencer

 

Krohman will be a beast this year. I seen him playing like his dad did his Senior year scoring at will!

5 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Krohman will be a beast this year. I seen him playing like his dad did his Senior year scoring at will!

Oh yea he’s gonna have a great year! In my opinion he’s got the skill of a D1 player but just doesn’t have the size and athleticism of some of those D1 guys. I expect him to be in the low 20’s in scoring. 

3 hours ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

Oh yea he’s gonna have a great year! In my opinion he’s got the skill of a D1 player but just doesn’t have the size and athleticism of some of those D1 guys. I expect him to be in the low 20’s in scoring. 

If he plays like his dad did he will be averaging over 28. Jeff would score at will his senior year layup after layup then nail 3 after 3.

Oldham is gonna be really good this year IF Max Greene will play a little more under control.

He could be Player of the Year in the region.

I agree with Falcon Pride and MaddenCurse44. Both very skilled players. I’m going to add a couple more. Dixon from WV is a nice player to watch. Colton Feagan from Williamstown is smooth with a great shot and can score at will. He’s probably the most underrated in the region. Look for him to have a breakout year. Averaged 19 last season. Mid 20’s this season. 

23 hours ago, Down4theblue said:

I would say this region takes a BIG step back. No one will be a threat state wide. 

Will be one of the weaker regions in state, No dominant players to carry a team. You have a couple of good role players but ZERO dogs.

  • Author

Shew... I forgot that I had posted this lol. Looks like you folks are ready to go. I plan on having the pre-season write up completed around 1 week before games begin. 

2 hours ago, Waterboy70 said:

Will be one of the weaker regions in state, No dominant players to carry a team. You have a couple of good role players but ZERO dogs.

Max Green is a dog. 

18 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

Max Green is a dog. 

Max can shoot you in or shoot you out of a game. When he gets hot he's scary, when not he can take some really bad shots, but someone that settles for bad 20 footers is not a dog. When he shoots in rhythm or off a shoot and kick he is money. But I don't see many jumpshooters taking over games. He is a specialist(damn good one though). He will be the POY....but not a dog

Biggest question in determining a winner is what does Woodford’s roster look like?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.