Warren East at Logan County Predictions/Updates

Who Wins  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Warren East
    • Logan County

One of my favorite matchups in the Western Kentucky area this week. 

Huge implications as the winner of this game will secure the #2 seed while the loser will be hitting the road as the #3 seed. 

How healthy is Parsley will be the question in this game. He is a game-changer on both sides of the ball. If he is limited it will affect Warren East tremendously. 

Logan County is a tough place to play at and they are coming in after a closer than expected 28-27 win over Hopkinsville last Friday. Davin Yates is their go to player. He is another valuable 2-way player and limiting him will be key for Warren East. 

• Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Warren East at Logan County Predictions/Updates

Raiders QB/FS Dane Parsley (JR) tweaked a hamstring in the 1H last week, came out in the 2H with no pads on and a bad limp, not a good sign for one of the better football players in the SOKY area. Unsure of his status as of right now for tomorrow evening, may have an update later this evening but if he does play it’s a guarantee he won’t be 100% and without the explosiveness he brings to both sides of the ball, more importantly offensively, the Raiders will have a hard time getting anything productive going. To add to this he is also the punter and has done a really good job of flipping the field. 

Logan County has to come out and put the metal to the pedal and sink the ship early, if they let this Warren East team hang around I do believe they have the better athletes across the board and could pull out a win on the road.

Logan Co 35 WE 14

1 hour ago, DragonFire said:

Logan County would have been my pick in any case, but if Parsley isn’t 100%, I become that much more confident. 

Not saying that’s the wrong line of thinking, but I am curious to hear as to why. 
One of those cases where comparative scores don’t mean much? 

18 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Not saying that’s the wrong line of thinking, but I am curious to hear as to why. 
One of those cases where comparative scores don’t mean much? 

Somewhat it's a hunch.  The two share a lot of common opponents, so comparative scores only go so far.  East did better against Hopkinsville and ACS.  Logan County was much better against both Warren Central and Greenwood.  And narrowly "better" against Calloway County and Paducah Tilghman.  So one could probably shape the narrative from those games any way they chose.  Just a bit of a gut feeling on choosing Logan County.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1