South Warren at Ohio County Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins This Game?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• South Warren
    • Ohio County

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/20/2023 at 10:00 PM

South Warren (6-2) at Ohio County (1-7)

This will be the first meeting between these newly formed 5A District 2 opponents.  The scales couldn’t be more uneven here with South Warren one of the top teams in 5A and Ohio County one of the lower teams in 5A.

Ohio County Information

The Eagles of Ohio County just have not been able to get a lot going for them this season losing a combined 41-254 through 7 losses this season.  But I’m happy to say, they did get a win at Edmonson County (33-12) earlier in the year.  And who knows what will happen in the Back Yard Brawl with Butler County on the last week of the regular season.  Through 7 games they have gained 912 yards and given up 1,860 yards to their opponents.  Just going to be an uphill match here.

I would like to spotlight SR RB/QB/LB Noah Phelps who plays his heart out every week.  Phelps leads the team in rushing, 2nd in passing and 3rd on the team in tackles.  Way to go Mr. Phelps!  Keep it up!

South Warren Information

The Spartans are coming off one of the best regular season games I've seen this year (and maybe a long time before then) and simply an Instant Classic vs arch-rival Bowling Green.  Unfortunately for South, they played well enough to win the game, but couldn't hold on late in the game and fell 36-29 at home.  South Warren had the more balanced offense by far and won the yardage (by about 150 yards) and time of possession (not 100% sure but surely they did) battles, but lost the turnover battle, which ended up being a significant one, as there was a Scoop 6 by BG and then a long offensive drive was fumbled at the BG 5.  Two plays later BG was in the end zone.  BIG swings in this game.  

QB Bryce Button was outstanding in the game!  He had 3 TD passes with 287 yards passing, 1 TD run, and the HUGE 2-point conversion run to give South their first lead with 34 seconds to play in the game.  This had to be Isiah Rigsby's best game.  He had a TD reception and was making plays all over.  You could say the same thing about SR RB Jimmy Sales who rushed for 162 tough yards on the night.  South drops to #2 this week in the Statewide RPI listings and likely #2 in the district, if BG can defeat Greenwood next week at BG.  But South still has a lot to play for and will certainly be a tough out for anyone they play.

Game Information

This game will take place in Hartford, KY at Frank Barnes Memorial Stadium!  I visited Ohio County when the Purples came calling in September and I will say it was a great experience with the people very friendly and the facilities were very good.  They had a youth cheerleading clinic going on and their band was really good.  I hope they get moved out of 5A District 2.  It’s just not the right place for their team going forward.  Help KHSAA!!!!  Do the right thing.

As for this game, ALL Spartans!

What say you?

• Thanks 1