Rose Hill vs Raceland Predictions......

Please remember that it is a blind draw with one exception(The host school gets a bye).The draw is the same for both the boys and the girls.The boys championship game will probably play out with the two top "seeds" playing each other.

I know, and thats probably the fairest way.

I knew someone would jump on my comment, thanks. The refs were terrible the whole game. Do you think Boone shoots that bad normally? Could it have been they were being fouled and no fouls were being called, maybe. If you read my other post regarding this game I gave credit where credit is do. I complimented the Fortman girl and the Okoro girl and also stated that Boone should have never been in the situation they were in w/the lopsided foul shots. They had the nails in the coffin and did not hammer them home.

Bottom line, any time a team from here goes down that direction, it is the same old song and dance, we get schooled by the refs in regards to fouls. Maybe it is because NKY plays a much physical game and the refs aren't use to seeing that and call more fouls on NKY teams. I don't watch the 16th reg play so you tell me, do they play a physical game or not. I know the coach from Russell made the comment that Boone would be the most physical team they play all yr. Yes, they are very physical but not to where you put one team on the line 43 times and you only see it 16 times, something is real wrong there, of course, IMO.

Let's face it, whether it is intentional or not (and I hope it isn't), it seems like any visiting team playing outside of any region has to deal with what the visiting coach sees as "questionable" officiating. Most coaches accept this and realize that their team must play at least 10 points better than if playing within their own region. I submit that any Eastern KY team playing in NKY would probably also disagree with many of the calls made against them.

Bottom line, if the coaches and ADs find that they are continually being "cheated" by playing outside of region, the solution is simple - don't play anyone outside of the region.

Let's face it, whether it is intentional or not (and I hope it isn't), it seems like any visiting team playing outside of any region has to deal with what the visiting coach sees as "questionable" officiating. Most coaches accept this and realize that their team must play at least 10 points better than if playing within their own region. I submit that any Eastern KY team playing in NKY would probably also disagree with many of the calls made against them.

Bottom line, if the coaches and ADs find that they are continually being "cheated" by playing outside of region, the solution is simple - don't play anyone outside of the region.

Fully agree but sometimes you have to go outside the region to play good competition. Too bad they can't go and play at neutral site!! I would prefer going across the river and play the Cinti schools, it is a much easier drive for all involved.

Whoever wins this one will blow Elliot out of the gym come Saturday night. Nice brackets to have the two best teams not even playing for the Championship game...Rocket Scientists

:thumb: I can agree with this. I believe that the host team has a byue in each year and the rest is by a blind draw. Just a shame that Raceland/RH will have to meet in a semi final.

Please remember that it is a blind draw with one exception(The host school gets a bye).The draw is the same for both the boys and the girls.The boys championship game will probably play out with the two top "seeds" playing each other.

I looked over this post before I posted my last one (#20) saying the same thing - sorry.

No doubt the best teams are playing in the semi's, but congrats to Elliott County and their improvement. It is amazing to me that they have come far enough to win those first two games and get to the finals. The new coaching staff has worked wonders and now at least the lady lions are competetive in most games, even though that probably will not be the case in the finals.

No doubt the best teams are playing in the semi's, but congrats to Elliott County and their improvement. It is amazing to me that they have come far enough to win those first two games and get to the finals. The new coaching staff has worked wonders and now at least the lady lions are competetive in most games, even though that probably will not be the case in the finals.

Their 3pt shooting ability in the last game proves that they are a team that can knock off an overconfident and unprepared opponent. Congratulations to Coach Cantrell and the Elliott County kids for what they have accomplished this year.

Their 3pt shooting ability in the last game proves that they are a team that can knock off an overconfident and unprepared opponent. Congratulations to Coach Cantrell and the Elliott County kids for what they have accomplished this year.

:thumb: Elliot seems to have no shortage of kids (girls or boys) that can shoot the ball.