Wayne Co. 71 McCreary Central 49

Final.

This was a competitive game the first half, but the second was miserable for Raider fans.

This game was a three-point shootout, and mostly for the Cardinals. Decker, the big guy (6'7?) had five three pointers, and was probably 5-5 or 5-6 from long range. The Raiders play absolutely no defense, they relied on threes and rarely drove the basket like their top scorers usually do (Watts, Phillips). They didn't rebound, and when they did shoot threes, they couldn't get them to fall. This loss all but secures the Raiders as the 3rd seed (should Wayne and McCreary both beat Southwestern, it would be a tie between McCreary and S'western as a 2 seed).

This game was a fairly well refereed game with McCreary only having about 5 more total fouls than Wayne. If the Raiders continue to play like this, they will be embarrassed at the district tourney and won't make it back to regions.

Current 48th District standings:

1. Southwestern (4-0)

2. Wayne County (4-1)

3. McCreary Central (1-3)

4. Monticello (0-4)

Does the 48th still play the first round games at the higher seed? If so, it could mean McCreary @ Wayne in a tough opener.

True it was a sad night for Raider fans! Wayne could not miss from the 3 point line and McCreary got down and could never seem to get back up and pull back together. The season is still not over yet! Maybe we can make some adjustments and make a late season run toward the regional tournament.

Current 48th District standings:

1. Southwestern (4-0)

2. Wayne County (4-1)

3. McCreary Central (1-3)

4. Monticello (0-4)

Does the 48th still play the first round games at the higher seed? If so, it could mean McCreary @ Wayne in a tough opener.

I think it is on a rotatioal basis. I am not 100% sure but I think it rotates between SW, Wayne and McCreary. I think when its Monticellos turn to host, they can choose which site to host it.

Once again, I am not for sure but i think it may be Waynes turn to host it this year.

If SW wins one their next two games at McCreary and at Wayne then they will be the #1 seed and wayne #2 MC #3 and Monticelo #4

If SW loses their next two games it will be Wayne Co. #1 SW #2 and MC #3

Actually I wrong in the above post. SW must beat Wayne at Wayne to be the #1 seed outright. If SW beats McCreary and loses to Wayne then it will be a tie for 1st place between WC and SW. The 1st tie breaker is head to head which wouldnt solve anything. The next tiebreaker would be district road wins which also wouldnt solve anything. The next tie breaker is ?????

If SW loses to McCreary but beats Wayne. SW will be the #1 seed.

That talk was based on last years Region run and everyone returning. Bartley blowing out his knee this summer has hurt this team in a big way. Even though he is back playing he is nowhere near where he was last year. McCreary is struggling right now but they will be back to form by tourn. time.

Whatever happened to that talk before the season that McCreary was going to win the region? :confused:

Looks like Wayne Co has McCreary's number, but anything can happen in the district tournament. I've seen teams lose every game in the district and go on a run and win the district tournament and go to the regionals.

Anything can happen! Good luck to both teams.

The final margin of this game really suprises me. But the fact that Wayne won doesn't. Coach Woods is an excellent coach and his teams play together. The scary part about Wayne is they return most of these players.

If these two play in the district elimination game it will be a dandy. Can Wayne beat McCreary 3 times in a year?

The final margin of this game really suprises me. But the fact that Wayne won doesn't. Coach Woods is an excellent coach and his teams play together. The scary part about Wayne is they return most of these players.

If these two play in the district elimination game it will be a dandy. Can Wayne beat McCreary 3 times in a year?

It's hard to beat a good team 3 times. Is McCreary Co. a good team?

It's hard to beat a good team 3 times. Is McCreary Co. a good team?

I think they are. Right now they are slumping but they have all the ingredients to be a good team.Coach Jones will have them peaking by tournament time.

I've talked to several Raiders today about what has happened in the past couple of games and what to expect for the future. Obviously, this won't get much better as they travel to East Jessamine Friday, and it will be tough to stay competitive. Bartley took hardly any shots in the Wayne game, and has his "limp" of the surgery. Although he is handling the ball and not turning it over, he hasn't scored; otherwise, with him scoring, this would be a totally different team.

Phillips hasn't been his usual self either. McCreary is straying away from what it has been good at - driving the lane and kicking, or finding a way to score inside with Phillips and Watts. McCreary isn't rebounding the ball well either. I talked to Chris Hale, a backup foward, and he said that he just isn't rebounding like he was and he doesn't know why. He was quoted as to saying, "I was averaging something like 7 a game... now I think I get, what, three?" He also talked about not finding the open man and not defending well.

Watts, who averages over 22 PPG, has only averaged 14 in the last two losses and recently, this team, Watts included, has turned into a selfish team. They aren't passing well, they are dribbling away clock, and trying to beat the other team by themselves.

And while we (Hale and I) were closing our talk, he commented, "the coaches have really had talks with us, telling us that this is a chance to do something big, to win districts and regions, and that this team is capable of doing it." He continued, "we'll probably play Wayne in the first round," he waited, "and we will beat them, you can put money on it."

Some of the players have the right attitude. I think they'll get the ship going in the right direction before districts, and I expect them to "pull an upset," if that is what you want to call it, against Wayne or Southwestern. They may not win districts, but I have a feeling they'll win "enough" - their first-round game - to make it to regions.