2007 Dayton

theguru

Not really sure. The sequence has been big class - small class - big class - small class. Dayton will have 18 seniors, 6 or 7 juniors and 10-15 sophomores.

This is very true... it follows the 06 seniors who had 10 or 12 guys and this years 07 seniors who had only 6 or 7...

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will be very good. Should be a top 10 team in the state! If not they will surprise a lot of people. Great group of seniors. They are exceptional leaders and very athletic. Most are three year starters.

Lickert staying or going does matter, alot!! One thing that kids need most is consistancy. Especially at a school like Dayton, where people view it as a stepping stone, or a lower tier job. The kids are hurt when the adults, coaches and teachers that they bond with and look up to leave after a year or two. You said so yourself they need to stay on track. That includes Lickert.

Just in case anyone is reading this thread for the first time, I think it is proper that we point out that Dayton's HC left the program to take a position at 5A Holmes.

Just in case anyone is reading this thread for the first time, I think it is proper that we point out that Dayton's HC left the program to take a position at 5A Holmes.

I was pretty sure he had left, but I wanted someone else to say it first because I was't 100% sure.

I just made a call to some Dayton people I know. They confirmed that Dayton plays Holmes at Dayton this year for game one of the regular season. That should be a interesting match up. I hope coach Lickert didn't set the schedule before he left. They said the coach's name is Zach but didn't know his last name.

I just made a call to some Dayton people I know. They confirmed that Dayton plays Holmes at Dayton this year for game one of the regular season. That should be a interesting match up. I hope coach Lickert didn't set the schedule before he left. They said the coach's name is Zach but didn't know his last name.

Thanks for the details.