Justified: City Primeval

A new "Season" of Justified returned last night, with two episodes. It's set about 12 years after the original series ended. So far only Raylan Givens and his (now teenage) daughter are the only characters from the original (2010-2015) series to appear. 

I do miss the Kentucky tie-ins as this series is set in Detroit. 

10 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Duh. When I read that I was thinking Walton Goggins. Yeah, I'd say I need to watch it again lol.

Glad he's back.

Haha 😄  call it the hump day lag.  I'm gonna hold off and binge.  I bet I've watched the Justified series 2-3 times in the past few years (thanks Covid).  Each time a little different.  Interesting when you know how things would work out in real life vs the tv show. 

10 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Haha 😄  call it the hump day lag.  I'm gonna hold off and binge.  I bet I've watched the Justified series 2-3 times in the past few years (thanks Covid).  Each time a little different.  Interesting when you know how things would work out in real life vs the tv show. 

I've only watched it once. Will definitely probably start binging it again at some point before watching this new season.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 10:36 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Duh. When I read that I was thinking Walton Goggins. Yeah, I'd say I need to watch it again lol.

Glad he's back.

As much as I would love for them to find a way to bring Goggins back, I don't see how they do it with the original series ending with him in jail for some crimes that I don't think he would be getting released anytime soon.   

Goggins is one of my favorite actors ever.  I can't think of any role he's had that I didn't love.  I'm currently hoping that HBO would do a spin off about Uncle Baby Billy.  

2 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

As much as I would love for them to find a way to bring Goggins back, I don't see how they do it with the original series ending with him in jail for some crimes that I don't think he would be getting released anytime soon.   

Goggins is one of my favorite actors ever.  I can't think of any role he's had that I didn't love.  I'm currently hoping that HBO would do a spin off about Uncle Baby Billy.  

Let's go Bible Bonkers!

Goggins is fantastic.  I've been a big fan since his days on The Shield.

I'm enjoying this season.  I don't know how I feel it stacks up against the original series, but the time off definitely lends itself to its success in my eyes.  I'd have been happy with just about anything.

I know it's just how they often write younger characters, but man, Raylan's daughter annoys me to no end.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Season was ok, last episode felt more like the old series.

Great cliff hanger at the end that completely makes a second season possible and I'd even say likely.

If they make another season I'll guarantee that it will feel like the old shows and kill this season.

Let's go...announce a second season already!!!