Which Happens First?

Jumper_Dad

Which happens first?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which happens first?

• USC/UCLA win Big 10 Title
    • Oklahoma/Texas win the Southeastern Title

I'll rank them from best to worst chance.

1. USC-B1G, they have a modern offense with a high level coach. I think they can come in and compete for a B1G title right away.

2. Texas-SEC, just a feeling that Sark is about to get it rolling in Austin. 

3. UCLA-B1G, Kelly's past offensive exploits always give the Bruins a punchers chance. He's always a QB and couple of receivers away from being a problem. While I think the B1G is a little easier to win, I'm not sold that UCLA is ready for that grind.

4. Oklahoma-SEC, I feel Venables has about a 2 maybe 3 season window to win at the highest levels or he'll be out. As someone said recently, the state of Oklahoma doesn't produce the talent it used too. Can enough NIL $$$ keep the recruit train running if they start losing 4 games a year.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, nikeman49 said:

Texas or Oklahoma will never win the SEC.

Texas will win the SEC once within the next 10 years...and I'm not a Texas fan.

I do think USC has a higher probability of winning the B10 first. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2023 at 2:15 PM, Walter said:

Texas will win the SEC once within the next 10 years...and I'm not a Texas fan.

I do think USC has a higher probability of winning the B10 first. 

There will be a huge power vacuum in the SEC when Saban retires. Texas should be in as good a shape as anyone at that point.

5 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

There will be a huge power vacuum in the SEC when Saban retires. Texas should be in as good a shape as anyone at that point.

If Texas is going to win the SEC title, they have to pick it up 100% very quickly and maintain that progress for a sustained period of time, just don’t see that happening.

Just now, nikeman49 said:

If Texas is going to win the SEC title, they have to pick it up 100% very quickly and maintain that progress for a sustained period of time, just don’t see that happening.

LSU was bad, then great, then bad, then really good again all in a span of 6 or 7 years. Texas has everything needed to take that same ride. Will they, who knows? To act like they can't is just crazy. We aren't talking about Vandy becoming a power, it's Texas and yes they can.

1 minute ago, Jumper_Dad said:

LSU was bad, then great, then bad, then really good again all in a span of 6 or 7 years. Texas has everything needed to take that same ride. Will they, who knows? To act like they can't is just crazy. We aren't talking about Vandy becoming a power, it's Texas and yes they can.

Texas football hasn’t shown any signs of being able to play in the SEC, so until something changes with that program, I’m still staying with no chance for title, but I am pleased they are in the best conference in the land.