Top Five Point Guard's In The 16th

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let us not forget Matt Daniel at Rowan County...My guess is he will play D-1 next year.

I agree that Daniel may be playing D-1 next year but I believe he plays "off" the ball more than he runs the point.Seems as though Martin plays the point a majority of the time for Rowan.

Looks like the 16th region is in good hands for the next few years. You cannot win without good point guards. Dont forget about Daniels. He has everything to play the point at a major d-1 school. He has size, defense, quickness, and ability to score. the kid is not even near as good a high school player as he will be as a college kid.

Does anyone know Austin Blair's stats?

Blair and Scott GIll are the only two Russell players to start all 16 games.Blair is avg. 6.8ppg,4,0 rpg and 3.3 apg.He is shooting 42% from the field(18% 0n threes) and 63% from the line.Does a very good job of setting up the offense.

Benji Mullins, PG from Raceland is one of the most overlooked players in the region. He can get up and down the floor as quick as anybody and can flat out dish the basketball. Ask anybody who has seen him play this season and im sure they will agree that Mullins is extremely fun to watch and he can put together some passes that look like something off a streetball video. He also is a heck of a WR and can lay the hammer down coming from that free safety spot on the football field!!!

Benji Mullins, PG from Raceland is one of the most overlooked players in the region. He can get up and down the floor as quick as anybody and can flat out dish the basketball. Ask anybody who has seen him play this season and im sure they will agree that Mullins is extremely fun to watch and he can put together some passes that look like something off a streetball video. He also is a heck of a WR and can lay the hammer down coming from that free safety spot on the football field!!!

Don't know about this kid, but I have watched most of Ferguson of Elliott's home games and he make's some passes that are out of this world!!!!!!

1. Tyler Wolfenbarker

1. Alex Barker

2. Chad Jackson

3. Matt Thomas

4. Ethan Faukner

These are my favorites. Although I cant put them in order, I will comment on each.

:fight: Tyler Wolfenbarker- Hard nose Kid, scrappy, good all round point guard in all aspects of the game.

:walk: Alex Barker- Energizer bunny, always active and around the ball. good shooter.

:jump: Chad Jackson- explosive quickness, good finisher,very athletic.( I wish he would start dunking when he has the chance though)

:ylsuper: Matt Thomas- versatile athelete, Could play at the next level in two sports.

:thumb: Faulkner twins:- winners, very competitive, great shooter's and all round great Kids.