Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Elizabethtown

Featured Replies

School has stated that they want to have a new coach in place before dead period starts. Clock is ticking.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • JellyRoll
    JellyRoll

    Yes it’s the same coach. It’s a mess right now. In less than a month Etown has had their superintendent, girls basketball coach, principal and possibly head football coach resign…

  • He will not find a finer man to work for than Mike Jackson.

  • JellyRoll
    JellyRoll

    Glenn left a couple yrs ago. He’s at Nelson Co. At this point I think you almost have to hire from inside due to the timing of it all.    There are a couple of assistants that could probab

Posted Images

They will hire an interim coach from the staff.  Then open it up after season. 

14 hours ago, MrKnowNothing said:

They will hire an interim coach from the staff.  Then open it up after season. 

Only one coach on the staff that works in the school system.

Edited by theguru

Head coach doesn’t have to work in the system.. Mark Brown only coached.. didn’t work in the system.. E’town will hire an interim coach for this season.

Edited by theguru

1 hour ago, MrKnowNothing said:

Head coach doesn’t have to work in the system.. Mark Brown only coached.. didn’t work in the system.. E’town will hire an interim coach for this season.

So who will it be? You seem to be very confident in your information. 

After doing research, I found that Elizabethtown has a opening for: 

* Superintendent

*High School Principal 

*Head Football Coach 

Would think that the district will hire, in that order right? I would not be shocked if the new administrators would want their own hire. If it were going to be a hire off the current staff, why wait? A school with a lot of tradition, I hope it works out for them! 

6 minutes ago, UKBaseball85 said:

After doing research, I found that Elizabethtown has a opening for: 

* Superintendent

*High School Principal 

*Head Football Coach 

Would think that the district will hire, in that order right? I would not be shocked if the new administrators would want their own hire. If it were going to be a hire off the current staff, why wait? A school with a lot of tradition, I hope it works out for them! 

Welcome to BGP @UKBaseball85!

I would think an interim hire this year would lead to some quality applicants next year. Going into their district and starting after dead period is a short time constraint. 

Has the school indicated their plans for interviews? Any idea of applicants? 

12 minutes ago, UKBaseball85 said:

Has the school indicated their plans for interviews? Any idea of applicants? 

Not sure on a timeline. I’ve heard a few names have shown interest but not sure if they’ve actually applied. 

I don’t know that those coaches want their names out there so I’ll refrain from putting that out to the world. 
 

Couple current HCs from around the area and one that was the previous HC at a Rival

That is very understandable.  I have heard several names being mentioned as well.  

I have heard 2 current HCs, and a former DC as well. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.