Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Elizabethtown

Featured Replies

I’m hearing that the team was informed tonight that Alfredo Silva will be the interim HC this season. Coach Silva joined the staff last season after several seasons with Larue Co.

The team also found out that Coach Quinton Brown and Coach Tyrone Young resigned this evening. 
 

Quinton Brown has been on staff the past 13-14 yrs and has been the DC the last 3 yrs. He’s an Etown Alum. Huge loss for the program.

Coach Young has been on staff 4 yrs and worked with the WRs and DBs.

I believe this leaves the team with 3 coaches.

 

  • Replies 42
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • JellyRoll
    JellyRoll

    Yes it’s the same coach. It’s a mess right now. In less than a month Etown has had their superintendent, girls basketball coach, principal and possibly head football coach resign…

  • He will not find a finer man to work for than Mike Jackson.

  • JellyRoll
    JellyRoll

    Glenn left a couple yrs ago. He’s at Nelson Co. At this point I think you almost have to hire from inside due to the timing of it all.    There are a couple of assistants that could probab

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Westernside said:

The program 2 years ago to now???

This is what happens when a HC gets hired because of who his dad was, gifted a state championship caliber team, and then doesn’t have the work ethic and motivation to build his own legacy.

22 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

This is what happens when a HC gets hired because of who his dad was, gifted a state championship caliber team, and then doesn’t have the work ethic and motivation to build his own legacy.

Oh, I see. Glad to find out that's it, and not a case of a fan base having gotten comfortable after a half decade with a coach and his success, and then having unreasonable expectations for the following act once that coach leaves. And then blaming all woes on the successor instead of realizing that when a coaching staff changes over, it'll usually be reflected for a few years in a programs' W/L column.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Coach Brown the younger 25-11 in 3 seasons as boss man at Etown? With one state runner up trophy, and two of three seasons ended by the state champions that year?

Geeze, what a bum. ?

5 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Coach Brown the younger 25-11 in 3 seasons as boss man at Etown? With one state runner up trophy, and two of three seasons ended by the state champions that year?

Geeze, what a bum. ?

Take away yr one when he was gift wrapped a state championship team on a silver platter and he’s 13-10. Not exactly setting the world on fire. And truly the only coaching change that happened was his dad stepping down and him getting the HC spot. Dad even stuck around the first 2 yrs as an Asst. The rest of the coaching staff stayed the same. 
 

I’m not even talking about wins/losses. I’m talking about the ability to be a leader of young men and set the example. Talk to people within the program the last 3 yrs and let me know what their opinion of him is/was. 

So they did hire an interim from within? And now two other coaches have quit because of who they hired?  

Wouldn’t shock me if the school changes their mind based off what you said. A school like ETown shouldn’t have problems finding good candidates. 

23 minutes ago, MrKnowNothing said:

So they did hire an interim from within? And now two other coaches have quit because of who they hired?  

Yes that is correct

On 6/16/2023 at 4:58 AM, JellyRoll said:

Take away yr one when he was gift wrapped a state championship team on a silver platter and he’s 13-10. Not exactly setting the world on fire. And truly the only coaching change that happened was his dad stepping down and him getting the HC spot. Dad even stuck around the first 2 yrs as an Asst. The rest of the coaching staff stayed the same. 
 

I’m not even talking about wins/losses. I’m talking about the ability to be a leader of young men and set the example. Talk to people within the program the last 3 yrs and let me know what their opinion of him is/was. 

The Etown folks I know all talked like they really like Ross Brown. That's why I was taken aback by your "doesn't have the work ethic and motivation". It reads to me as someone who's just salty to see that their coach left.

I've worked with a lot of people who left a good situation at work for another job, and that's their right. I always figured, more than likely, there was some situation I didn't know about that made things look better elsewhere. And I don't feel like it's my right to go insulting a person for looking out for #1. But you, you just go ahead and do your thing, man.

6 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

The Etown folks I know all talked like they really like Ross Brown. That's why I was taken aback by your "doesn't have the work ethic and motivation". It reads to me as someone who's just salty to see that their coach left.

I've worked with a lot of people who left a good situation at work for another job, and that's their right. I always figured, more than likely, there was some situation I didn't know about that made things look better elsewhere. And I don't feel like it's my right to go insulting a person for looking out for #1. But you, you just go ahead and do your thing, man.

I’ll do me. But I promise you ain’t talked to people from inside the program the last couple yrs. Players, parents of players, Asst coaches would tell you what I’m saying is the truth. Optics can be good when you’re winning but if not for a couple of assistants that program would have completely fallen apart. Players would tell you the same. 

Any update on this? I've seen nothing public. Dead period starts Sunday.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.