Girls' 9th Region Tournament Draw

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

That is certainly way more HC games than I've seen, but I try to talk to as many people in those circles as I can while maintaining my anonymity.  Coaches clam up a lot more when they know it will end up in one "of The Double  Deuce's posts".  🤣

1 hour ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Great point. Maybe I need to stop  dropping nuggets in this thread. Lol

What exactly are you suggesting? 🤨

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Double Deuce said:

Friday Night's semi-finals are set in the 9th Region at Truist Arena on the campus of NKU.

6:30 PM -- Cooper (33rd Champ) vs Notre Dame (35th Champ).  Cooper won the regular season match-up by a score of 56-35, in Union.  I expect Cooper to get the win again, in another low-scoring affair, but I think it will be closer than the 21 point margin from the first game.  Cooper is a well-oiled machine, they have plenty of pieces, and great experience from winning the 9th last year and advancing to Rupp.  Their 5 starters have played a LOT the last 3 years, so not much will surprise them, and Kay Friehofer and Whitney Lind provide great leadership to the rest of the team.  NDA saw Rose Miller step up big in their win over St. Henry, and they have the D1 signee in Noelle Hubert to follow, and then a crop of great sophomores in Maya Lawrie, Sophia Gibson, and Georgie Kirtley.  Both teams play a lot of subs, and will generate bench points with Noel (Cooper) and Collins (NDA) to support the starting 5.  Two of the finest coaches in the area, as well, leading their charges into battle on Friday night.  Prediction:  Cooper 58, Notre Dame 46.

In order for NDA to keep it under 10 they need to play as well as they have played their last 4 games and continue to get contributions from multiple players. In order to WIN, they would need to be firing on all cylinders with Noel hitting from 3, Gibson strong and scoring around the rim, Lawrie and Kirtley and Lenihan driving and finishing layups and drawing fouls, Collins playing strong under the basket and getting second chance points as well as a couple of big 3’s.  Back that effort up with a massive defensive effort and maybe a letdown or 2 from a couple of Jags and maybe the Pandas can find themselves playing Saturday night….  Again it’s a big maybe…but maybe.   Go Pandas!

(can somebody post the jim carry GIF “so your saying there’s a chance “ to this?)

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, 1992Rebel said:

In order for NDA to keep it under 10 they need to play as well as they have played their last 4 games and continue to get contributions from multiple players. In order to WIN, they would need to be firing on all cylinders with Noel hitting from 3, Gibson strong and scoring around the rim, Lawrie and Kirtley and Lenihan driving and finishing layups and drawing fouls, Collins playing strong under the basket and getting second chance points as well as a couple of big 3’s.  Back that effort up with a massive defensive effort and maybe a letdown or 2 from a couple of Jags and maybe the Pandas can find themselves playing Saturday night….  Again it’s a big maybe…but maybe.   Go Pandas!

(can somebody post the jim carry GIF “so your saying there’s a chance “ to this?)

🦉 ROGBR.

dumb-and-dumber-jim-carrey.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, 1992Rebel said:

As a PaNDA fan this post is priceless and unfortunately not too far from the truth:) let’s just say that the girls have been watching a lot of tape of the 1983 and 1985 NCAA championship games!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1