Covington Holy Cross 87 Beechwood 60

Final from Latonia. Holy Cross improves to 17-6 on the year.

Holy Cross senior guard Javier Ward went over 1,000 career points tonight ending up with 29. Senior Jacob Meyer records a triple double with 38 points (6/8 from 3), 11 rebs and 10 assists. He was 2/3 from the FT line.

Beechwood was led by senior Cam Boyd with 26 points.

The Indians travel to Hoosier Gym in Knightsville, IN tomorrow to take on Walton Verona at 6:00 pm. HC Radio will be there to cover the game starting at 5:45 pm.

http://vcloud.blueframetech.com/holycross/widget?I'd=145

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Baseball Nut 24 said:

Final from Latonia. Holy Cross improves to 17-6 on the year.

Holy Cross senior guard Javier Ward went over 1,000 career points tonight ending up with 29. Senior Jacob Meyer records a triple double with 38 points (6/8 from 3), 11 rebs and 10 assists. He was 2/3 from the FT line.

Beechwood was led by senior Cam Boyd with 26 points.

The Indians travel to Hoosier Gym in Knightsville, IN tomorrow to take on Walton Verona at 6:00 pm. HC Radio will be there to cover the game starting at 5:45 pm.

http://vcloud.blueframetech.com/holycross/widget?I'd=145

Lol two schools 20 minutes apart, driving 3+ hours to play on a non-regulation court. Enjoy the bus ride fellas!

22 minutes ago, SnottieDrippen said:

Lol two schools 20 minutes apart, driving 3+ hours to play on a non-regulation court. Enjoy the bus ride fellas!

You haven't lived until you've played on the old St. Henry "short court." I would have thought a small school guy like you would've appreciated this. Granted, it's not like driving to Temecula ...

Man, I'm in rural Indiana right now. Sounds like fun. I'd drive that far to see Williamstown play Walton-Verona on this ... 

Hickory!

Screenshot_20230131-221313__01.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Runcible Owl said:

You haven't lived until you've played on the old St. Henry "short court." I would have thought a small school guy like you would've appreciated this. Granted, it's not like driving to Temecula ...

Man, I'm in rural Indiana right now. Sounds like fun. I'd drive that far to see Williamstown play Walton-Verona on this ... 

Hickory!

Screenshot_20230131-221313__01.jpg

It’s quite the novelty, but a game between those teams deserves a high school court. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SnottieDrippen said:

It’s quite the novelty, but a game between those teams deserves a high school court. 

It’s a novelty for sure.  It’s actually a boy girl double header.  The first time the girls are back on the court for a game since the All A so from college court to tiny gym.  We have four charter buses driving up for the HC teams and fans.  There are still some seats on the buses left.  It should be fun.  And it’s just under two hours.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SnottieDrippen said:

I honestly could care less who they are playing. I’m driving up and doing Radio for both games and will enjoy the experience of calling games in that gym. What does it matter that they are close in proximity? Heard this from a few people but can’t figure out why that matters.

It’s an hour and 45 minutes from my house (not 3+ hours) and I live in Taylor Mill. I drove nearly the same distance to Richmond last week for the All “A” state. Lol

• Like 5

I’d go if I had a rooting interest for sure. The admins would have to force me off the floor, I’d be acting out almost every line and scene from the movie. What an awesome experience for everyone. HICKORY!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1