Teagan Moore Nabs 1,000th Rebound

1 hour ago, Mack The Knife said:

By the KHSAA records Moore is 254 points away from being the 8th Region’s all time leading scorer. Williamstown’s Freddie Hale leads with 3233 and Eminence’s Keith Blackburn is second with 3016. 

They have 7 more regular season games. Assuming they will play in both the semifinals and the finals of district play to put them at 9 games. That will give them a regional game, so that would be 10. Averaging over 30 points a game that would have him at least 300 points (assuming he continues at the pace he is right now). 

I believe that would be enough to get the record, what year did Hale graduate?

48 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

They have 7 more regular season games. Assuming they will play in both the semifinals and the finals of district play to put them at 9 games. That will give them a regional game, so that would be 10. Averaging over 30 points a game that would have him at least 300 points (assuming he continues at the pace he is right now). 

Young man is having a great high school career.  He will be a fan favorite at WKU.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

• Thanks 2

Would be my vote for Mr Basketball if I had one. Sheppard and Isparo are great players but he leads them in almost every statistical category. Scoring more than both and doing it at a more efficient pace shooting it in the upper 60%. Pulling down around 11 boards a game. Does it game after game regardless of the competition he faces and teams keying on him because he doesn’t have an abundance of talent around him. 

5 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I believe his rebounding numbers are as impressive. Using your ten game projection, 11 per game puts him an list of notables too, all with 1100+. (KHSAA Record Book)

Screenshot_20230131-083933__01.jpg

Edit ~ Additional information, @Adrian Woj Burner

In boys basketball, the combination of 3,000 points and 1,100 rebounds has been accomplished by only seven players. Five of them were chosen as Mr. Basketball. *

Screenshot_20230131-083711__01.jpg

3 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

I believe his rebounding numbers are as impressive. Using your ten game projection, 11 per game puts him an list of notables too, all with 1100+. (KHSAA Record Book)

Wow, that would be #1 in the region all time in scoring, and top-5 all time in rebounding. Extremely impressive, however I do not see him breaking the school record lol, Carson Williams is way up there. 

50 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Edit ~ Additional information, @Adrian Woj Burner

In boys basketball, the combination of 3,000 points and 1,100 rebounds has been accomplished by only seven players. Five of them were chosen as Mr. Basketball. *

Screenshot_20230131-083711__01.jpg

Of the five that won Mr. Basketball*, only J.R. VanHoose, as a sophomore, was also on a Sweet 16 champion.(^)

• Harry Todd, Earlington, 3567p & 2188r, 1958* 

• Charles Thomas, Harlan, 3365p & 2157r, 1995* 

• Dontaie Allen, Pendleton County, 3255p & 1228r, 2019* 

• Tim Stephens, McCreary Central, 3211p & 2157r, 1976 

• J.R. VanHoose, Paintsville, 3095p & 2069r, 1998* (^ 1996) 

• Trevion Faulkner, Mercer County, 3031p & 1103r, 2018*

• Keith Blackburn, Eminence, 3016p & 1506r, 1993

• Thanks 1

What’s crazy is the 8th region will have to guys with crazy numbers in both categories.  Grant county Dylan Hammonds is at 1216 career rebounds as of yesterday’s game.  According to that list he will likely surpass Dontae Allen Friday on state all time leaders and 2nd behind Carson in rebounds in the 8th.  He’s at +2500pt and will prob finish around 2800pts if I had to guess.  Both will their teams to win .