District Tie-Breakers?

On 1/22/2023 at 10:23 AM, Falcon Pride said:

Different subject but why is there a 3 team district (29th) and a 5 team district in the 30th?

Seems odd

There is also a 6-team district in the 8th.   The 31st has Carroll County, Trimble County, Gallatin County, Eminence, Henry County, and Owen County.  Since 5 of those schools comprise most of the 6 "A" teams in the 8th, the 8th Region All-A tournament almost functions as a pre-district "practice run" for the 31st teams.

The 32nd is a 4-team district and the 29th is a 3-team.

The 29th became a 3-team district when Trimble successfully lobbied to be removed from the district because they struggled to compete with the Oldham schools.   They were moved to the 31st, leaving 3 teams.   Can't imagine the KHSAA  - which, like pretty much everyone, isn't all that fond of 3-team districts - will allow that to stay in place much longer.

It's seemed to me that Christian Academy is the obvious candidate to move to the 29th district.  But if they were to do so, it would only leave 3 teams (KCD, Eastern, Ballard) in the 28th, which wouldn't solve anything.  Shelby County, Collins or Spencer from the 30th might make geographic sense, but I suspect none of them would want to leave where they've been - rivalries, etc.

17 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

It's seemed to me that Christian Academy is the obvious candidate to move to the 29th district.  But if they were to do so, it would only leave 3 teams (KCD, Eastern, Ballard) in the 28th, which wouldn't solve anything.  Shelby County, Collins or Spencer from the 30th might make geographic sense, but I suspect none of them would want to leave where they've been - rivalries, etc.

I had actually heard rumblings in the past about Ballard moving to 29th. Makes geographical sense and balances the 7th and 8th regions as well. But the easy fix is Collins. Balances two district from a competitive stand point and there really isn’t a huge Shelby-Collins rivalry since Shelby will be in the basketball wilderness forever…

I have always thought it made more sense to have the Franklin County schools in the 8th as opposed to the 11th. Also think the 9th should just be Boone and Kenton County schools and all Campbell County schools to the 10th. Clark to 11th and Montgomery to 16th.

Yeah with the Realignment for Football you would think that they would do it for other sports.

I think the best way to do it would be move Anderson and Woodford to 11. All Franklin County schools to 8. Move SK and WV to the 9.

Collins to the 29th.

I don’t understand Trimble getting out because they can’t compete? Can KCD compete with Ballard/Eastern/CAL? Do your best and put the most effort into the All A…