Georgia Tech 74 Duke 63

Dfenz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to say a first round loss for the Blue Devils this year. I will be surprised if they have a winning record in the ACC. I dont see Duke winning a National Title in the next 3-4 years. Do they have any PG's coming in next year?

They'll make it past the first round, they will likely be 4 seed. Just wait, they'll have a winning record in the ACC as well ;)

The announcer said last night that Duke was playing there first real road game. We are midway through almost and Duke is playing there first road game. I know they played on some neutral courts but there just not the same as playing on the other teams court. Duke is way overrated right know but will be fine come seasons end if paulus will step it up. but i dont know if he is having a bad season or he just isnt that good.

I believe a 4 seed is really wishful thinking. I dont see anyway they end up in the top 16 teams good enough in order to recieve a 4 seed.

Listen, Duke could go 8-22 and the pollsters and tournament committee will put them in the top 16, good enough for a four seed. :creepy:

I believe a 4 seed is really wishful thinking. I dont see anyway they end up in the top 16 teams good enough in order to recieve a 4 seed.

Well, I have always been a realist about Duke, I am not stretching now...they will get there, rest assured.

Listen, Duke could go 8-22 and the pollsters and tournament committee will put them in the top 16, good enough for a four seed. :creepy:

Has Duke not earned respect? I know you hate, that's fine. Actually that's awesome, I love it. But, name another school that has been to as many Final Fours in the last 20 years. Name a school that has won as many championships in the last 20 years. Name a school that has won more conference championships in the last 20 years. Name a school that has had more Player of the Year winners, in the last 20 years. Name a school with more wins in the last 20 years.

:sssh:

Has Duke not earned respect? I know you hate, that's fine. Actually that's awesome, I love it. But, name another school that has been to as many Final Fours in the last 20 years. Name a school that has won as many championships in the last 20 years. Name a school that has won more conference championships in the last 20 years. Name a school that has had more Player of the Year winners, in the last 20 years. Name a school with more wins in the last 20 years.

:sssh:

Name a team that has won as many games as UK has.

SO WHAT

Dukes a great program, there is no doubt about that. And they will be better, IMO in 2 years. But right now they simply arent that great. Duke does not deserve to be treated better than anyone else unfairly because of what theyve done in the past.

Now Dukes deserves media coverage and they deserve credit for being a great program, but you need to keep things in perspective.

Name a team that has won as many games as UK has.

SO WHAT

Dukes a great program, there is no doubt about that. And they will be better, IMO in 2 years. But right now they simply arent that great. Duke does not deserve to be treated better than anyone else unfairly because of what theyve done in the past.

Now Dukes deserves media coverage and they deserve credit for being a great program, but you need to keep things in perspective.

Do I not? Have I said that Duke is good this year? Have I said that they are ranked where they should? Keep in mind, the realist that I am.

It doesnt matter that Duke is losing to subpar teams?

Here is the tough thing for Duke, they have to actually start going on the road now.

They always go through this. As far as going on the road in the ACC, they have proven to take care of themselves rather well. Will they struggle more than normal this season? Sure, once every 10-11 years is acceptable.