Raceland 17 Hazard 14

Ram

Hats off to Hazard, they came to play and were doing what they had to do to win.  They just came up short.  But, what an effort by the Bulldogs.  They wanted it and they laid it all on the line and played to win.  

Disappointed in Raceland.  Just not what they have done all season.  Looked like they were going to win or lose by the run or be danged.  They were almost danged.  Defense played well.  The D was designed to stop the run and it did not disappoint in that regard.  But, the normally potent passing defense was lacking tonight.  If the Rams play like this next week, their season will be over.  And, playing like this will be no competition for Pikeville whatsoever.  Get on the practice field and fix this stuff. 

Just now, hrcarrier said:

Sounds like it was a battle. I’m surprised at the closeness of the score. Congratulations to Raceland on winning and to both teams on nice seasons.

I think we all were surprised, including the players and coaches.  Just not a good look in week three. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I watched a little bit of it.  I was impressed with Hazard.

Raceland will have to play a lot better than that if they are going to have any chance to win 1A.

Hazard played very well, determined and played to win.  They had some nice vertical routes and completions.  Their running game was kept in check, and they moved on to the pass and was successful at it.  

Raceland has to get things fixed following this game.  They won, but that is about all that can be said about it.  

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the stat lines on this game.  It may look good, but it's a false positive if it does.  If you watched the game, you know there was little to be happy about, other then the fact the Rams were leading on the scoreboard when time ran out. 

Wallace 15 carries for 120 yards. 

Raceland lost three passions in the game:  One on a fumble, one on an INT and one on the successful onside kick by Hazard to start the second half.  Can't give up possessions this time of year. 

Hazard left it all out on the field. You can’t ask for nothing more. I still think they should of went for it. Hazard two red zone turnovers. You have to score in the red zone. Raceland uncharacteristic fumbles as well. First time Raceland didn’t control the 3rd quarter either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Hazard left it all out on the field. You can’t ask for nothing more. I still think they should of went for it. Hazard two red zone turnovers. You have to score in the red zone. Raceland uncharacteristic fumbles as well. First time Raceland didn’t control the 3rd quarter either. 

Hat tip to the Hazard coaching staff, that onside kick to start the 3rd quarter was a deliberate attempt to both, steal the 3rd quarter and steal a possession.  Great call by them and something that needed to happen to give Hazard a chance to win.  I love it when coaches take those chances to give their players a chance to win.  Love it. 

A taste of things to come.

couldn't believe the decision by Hazard to kick the FG to tie instead of keep offense on the field for the win. Someone, many who never get to play again, will question that call. 

Hazard had a better schedule and were ready to play. Hazard was a good team. No head hangs.  

Raceland is a great team. Not sure they will pose much of a challenge for Pikeville. Tonight was a good measuring stick and the results didn’t suggest they’ll do any better than any other 1A team. But that’s why they play the games. 

• Like 1